U

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 4:47 PM

Constant Outages

I have been having pretty consistent outages with my internet services. The first outage was on June 19th. We hadn't had any outages in awhile before that so we didn't think much of it. Everything was fine and smooth sailing until July 11th. Since the 11th we have had outages on the 11th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th. We didn't use the internet much on the 20th and 21st so we didn't notice any issues then. On Monday the 22nd the internet went out, but there were no outages reported. We restarted our modem and checked all the cables were connected properly, but we were still without internet for over an hour. Today is the 23rd and the internet is out again. It shows a network outage is being resolved in the area on out app. We have not gone the last 6 business days without losing internet service. My husband does stock trades and the internet will go out in the middle of a trade. This is causing him to have to rush to connect his computer to his phone hot spot and most of the time he missed the profit window he was trying to hit. I  understand outages happen every once in awhile but we have no trees or any alert of an issue with the lines. If they are doing a network upgrade they should really wait to do that outside of peak business operating hours. I  have tried calling and using the chat features to get in contact with somebody for more information, but can never get to a person. The automated systems keeps telling me it's an outing I  can receive texts when it's up. I  know all of that. I  want to know why I  am losing service that I  pay for every single day? At this point we are looking for other providers. 

1 Message

2 months ago

Same issue happening with me. I work from home and have been experiencing outages at peak work hours for several hours. This past outage happened at 12:55 pm yesterday and is still out. Am having to find other places with WiFi and at this point am about to find another WiFi provider because I can’t work.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 months ago

Hello, @user_raobz0

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here