U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, March 19th, 2023 1:53 AM

Closed

Connectivity issues nightly/high packet loss and jitter

For most of the day I'm getting fantastic speeds and no problems at all, but for the past three weeks between the hours of 8-10PM I'm having serious internet connectivity issues nearly every night. When I use the internet speedtest tool from Cloudflare I can see absurd (25%+) packet loss and signal jitter (sometimes as much as 900+ms). My wife has been picking up extra shifts and working from home recently and this network behavior immediately disconnects her from her work and VOIP. Restarting the Xfinity modem does nothing, and I've even spoken to a few neighbors who are also having the same issues and have had techs to their homes to no avail. At this point this is causing my wife a lot of undue stress and I'm really just looking for a solution before this becomes a larger problem for her.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @user_b992c0! Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. I'm so sorry your internet is having these kinds of issues and is causing your wife stress. Aside from restarting the modem have you tried any other troubleshooting?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ I did try new ethernet cables to our workstations just in case, but the issue is happening on WiFi and wired connections at the same time. Additionally, I had a tech from Xfinity out to test the lines inside and outside my home and he said everything there was fine. He did tell me that he could see something had happned to service in my area 2:05AM on 3/20 (I'm assuming he had access to a network health chart of some sort) and that he would escalate the issue. Since then the issue occured again at around 9:30PM last night, and I've not heard anything about it from any Xfinity employees since...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here