PastTheFuture's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 2:38 AM

Connection Drops

I have had this problem for about 3 months now and I am getting very frustrated with the terrible support service I've been getting. I have had several dozen chats and calls with support agents, and have had technicians out to my apartment about 5 times. Two technician appointments I had scheduled they never even showed up and I never heard a word. I hope I can get more help here.

I get very frequent drops in connection, usually not lasting more than a second or two, but enough to interrupt various services. While monitoring my connection I've found to have anywhere from 2-15% downtime throughout the day. The upstream is always the first thing to go, and downstream usually follows not long after. I have found a post with seemingly the same problem and they claimed that a technician found a problem between the line drop and the demarc and fixing that corrected the issue. I've been told a line technician has inspected my line and found no problems but to be honest I call bull on that one. Over the course of the past three months I have spent over $200 replacing every relevant cable and device, between that and the fact that the problem occurs simultaneously on every internet capable device (so its not a software issue) I can feel confident in saying the problem is not on my end.

I will post the same information that the guy in the other post did in case it is of help. In case the pictures embedded in the post can't be viewed, here is an imgur album ( /a/2LWXY7Z ).

[Image Removed: "Personal Information"]

Responses

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.8K Messages

8 d ago

The upstream power levels are too high, suggesting a problem with the link between your modem or gateway and Comcast's network. Network connection problems are often due to poor coax connections or damaged coax cable, usually in or near your home.

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Internet Troubleshooting Tips. If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast take care of it, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. It's not likely they can fix the problem remotely. If not, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast rental device or anything outside your home you shouldn't be charged.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 d ago

All the cables between my modem and the demarc are brand new as already stated, no change between before or after replacement. Do I just insist that there is a problem with the line and have them send out yet another line technician?

Official Employee

• 

81 Messages

Hello there @PastTheFuture

Thanks so much for reaching out for help with your continued service issues on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your service, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance. 

If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you and help with a new tech appointment if needed. 

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to reach us directly. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.8K Messages

8 d ago

The problem could be further upstream, but yes, when you've done all you can do yourself it's up to Comcast to identify and fix the problem. Keep leaning on them.

EG

Expert

• 

89.1K Messages

6 d ago

@PastTheFuture @XfinityAmandaB 

Please post any possible solutions for the issue here in the open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

New to the Community?

Start Here