U

Sunday, August 11th, 2024 9:10 AM

Connecting to wrong server

Hi I live in Northwest Louisiana, I have a question about the servers i am connecting to while gaming, I play a game called Rainbow Six Siege and they have a server(data center) in Dallas,Texas called South Central United States server which is the closest one to me but my xbox never connects to the Dallas server it connects to East United States server is there a way to fix this, I have contacted before but the problem has gotten worse, currently in game I have 100 ping which is very noticeable

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 month ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum @user_0y69rg!  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to assist with your internet service concerns in any way that we can.  No worries!  You have reached out to the best team to help get things squared away.  Can you tell is if you are only running into issues when you're playing X-Box?

6 Messages

I only have an Xbox console so I couldn’t check to see if Xbox was the problem, but our Phones and TV’s work well on the internet. I have only had this experience with rainbow six siege, every other game I play I connect to Dallas(South Central US) servers. I’ve Contacted ubi and they stated that I should talk to my ISP

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

user_0y69rg Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@user_0y69rg @XfinityBrianH 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here