U

Saturday, September 7th, 2024 6:47 PM

Cannot maintain consistent connection to Twitch.tv for stream playback

I have been struggling with maintaining a consistent connection to Twitch.tv for watching other people's streams from my home internet, not for streaming myself.

Using mobile data or other people's internet connections is the only way I can get smooth playback and chat interaction, even at 160p with no other devices connected to the network and no 3rd-party background processes to eat up bandwidth, like Steam. Browser console logs while viewing Twitch are littered with GraphQL, AVC finishFrame, and WebSocket errors.

Running ipconfig in Windows Command Prompt returns the Connection-specific DNS suffix as: hsd1.or.comcast.net

Here are a list of steps I have tried to remedy my connections no avail:

1. Using different devices (Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone, Xbox One)
  2. Restarting and power-cycling my computer
  3. Checking for newer Windows updates
  4. Suspending Windows updates for a month
  5. Using a different web browser (Chrome, FIrefox, and Edge) and the separate Incognito/Private Browsing mode on different devices
  6. Using dedicated apps instead of web browser versions
  7. Deleting cache/cookies, and using Incognito/Private Browsing without cache/cookies imported
  8. Power-cycling Xfinity modem
  9. Having Xfinity IT send the modem reset signal

Official Employee

• 

861 Messages

7 days ago

user_upset Thanks for posting on our Forums page and for providing the details and steps you've already tried. Does this only happen when watching Twitch, or have you noticed similar issues on your devices with other sites?

2 Messages

@XfinityThomasD​ 

Twitch seems to be the only streaming site where this happens. Other sites such as YouTube, Netflix, Paramount+, and Disney+ do not reproduce the same behavior and are capable of streaming at higher quality.

I don't know whether this points to something on Amazon's end or not.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_upset Thank you so much for the response and those additional details. How are you connected to the internet when you experiance these issues with Twitch? Wirelessly or with an ethernet cable? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here