U

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

Saturday, February 24th, 2024 12:18 AM

Closed

Cannot Enable/Disable) the Xfinity WiFi Hotspot

I was using my WiFi laptop when all of sudden it didn’t work and I kept getting a message to use Xfinity WiFi. I tried to re-connect using my user info but it said password was incorrect. I re-entered my PW & was able to connect again.

But it makes me question if Xfinity WiFi is still disabled, which I did long time ago.

Everything I read says to go to: customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security/hotspot or to https://comca.st/3qwipIj.

But that’s not working & I keep getting a message “We are having trouble connecting to My Account and to Try Again”. It just keeps taking me in a loop.

I finally talked to a real person at Comcast & basically went through all the same steps I’ve done 10 times but to no avail. After 40 minutes the agent said a tech would call me back within the hour. Well that didn’t happen.

Other than using the provided URL (which the Agent said was correct), is there a way to click my way through the Xfinity website in order to get to the needed settings?

I tried every path & clicked on everything that looked like it might lead me somewhere but no luck.

Any suggesting on how access the Xfinity WiFi settings would be appreciated.
Thanks

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

@EG​ 

I found the problem. Comcast doesn't like the Firefox browser. I've been using Firefox on Xfinity & never had a problem until now. Apparently the people who did the coding for Xfinity were too lazy to make sure it worked with Firefox which is considered to be one of the more secure browsers.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @user_793642,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. I am glad that @EG was able to assist you and provide links for managing the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots. If you happen to need anything further assistance, please let us know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

104.9K Messages

5 months ago

Hmmm.... Glad you got it figured out !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here