U

Thursday, January 11th, 2024 8:24 PM

Cannot change WIFI channel on Admit tool and Xfinity app

Hi,

This page tells me I can change my WIFI channel on admin or mobile app. But I cannot do that either way. The channel option is blocked on admin tool and there is no place to change channel on mobile app (see below). I am confused right now. What should I do?

Thanks! 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

5 months ago

user_1jbx7v Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out. Our awesome team will be happy to help! 

First, you should determine how your advanced WiFi settings are managed:

• WiFi Boost Pods
    • Advanced WiFi settings are not visible and cannot be managed from the Admin Tool or Xfinity xFi.
    • Pods require that you only have one WiFi network name and password.
      • This allows all your devices to seamlessly connect to the network that will provide the best WiFi signal at any given time.
  • xFi Advanced Gateways (XB6 or newer)
    • Most of these gateways have been upgraded with software that manages advanced WiFi settings automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible.
    • Advanced WiFi settings for gateways with this software enhancement are not visible and cannot be managed from the Admin Tool or Xfinity xFi.

We hopw this information helps. Let usknow if you have additional concerns. 

1 Message

@XfinityAirelle That answer doesn't seem to be of help. It is the same we see in some Xfinity documents "but" does not resolve the fundamental issue that there are really bad issues with the way Xfinity blocks access to important settings of the Router. We need to do changes, set up separate networks (for example for 3rd party devices under our Wifi network, like Ring Bridge and similar).

The fact that it is so difficult to get to those settings is extremely suspicious from Xfinity. We should be entitled to do our own settings. It is our router, that we are paying for (it is Not Free).

We can't a simple Forget Password option be associated to the Admin Portal, or just allow us to simply login to it. 

I hope i wasn't under an HOA Xfinity Contract to being able to switch finally out of Xfinity, because Customer Service keeps getting worse and worse as the time goes by.

Official Employee

• 

601 Messages

user_t4dyl1 I do appreciate the additional context you provided and understand how important it is to have complete control over your wireless settings. Are you currently using an Xfinity provided gateway or your own internet modem in conjunction with your router?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here