U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, January 15th, 2022 5:40 AM

Closed

Cannot access certain websites (Like Reddit, Twitter, Twitch, Amazon, anything through seemingly cloudlfare or map.fastly)

Upgraded recently and decided to go with the xb7 modem/router comcast provides. Massive upgrade compared to my old modem and router combo.

Went through the guided setup and seemed like everything went well, pretty typical setup.

I'm getting an internet connection with the devices I connect to my wi-fi network, but I am unable to access certain websites. Attempting to ping www.twitch.tv, www.reddit.com, www.amazon.com, request timed out. 

I've never had these issues before. If I connect via my iphone's hotspot through t-mobile, I am able to access these sites without any issue whatosever just fine. I've tried restarting the brand new modem already about three or four times, tried doing ipconfig /release, /flushdns, /renew several times, restarted pc- The only time I'm not having issues is when I'm trying to navigate to these above sights while on a device that is connected to the router via ethernet.

Can someone help?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

167 Messages

2 years ago

Hey so a bit more information is needed to understand the issue here? When the issue happens what error does the browser throw? Issue may be DNS related but not clear based on the information provided. 

Have you tried connecting to the aforementioned webpages via hardwired <ethernet> connected device?

How about trying the following https://internet.xfinity.com/network/health

and post results.

Just my .2 cents.

Thanks and good luck.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_bb801b 

Hi there- this is something that is happening on all devices, even our Smart TV. We can reach YouTube just fine, but are unable to reach Netflix.

we are able to reach these websites without any problem if connected directly via LAN.

We’ve been suffering with this issue for five days now. When we hook up to my iPhone’s WiFi hotspot, we do not have any issues accessing anything.

when trying to access these pages however, we get an error saying the site could not be found.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Greetings, @user_427ce9! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your new modem, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live session.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here