D

Thursday, August 1st, 2024 5:14 AM

Arris SB8200 dropping connection for 3-5 minutes several times a day

Title sums it up fairly well. This has been going on for the last 3 weeks or so. Trying to diagnose the issue with Xfinity assistant and a technician visit hasn't resolved the issue. I've tried replace both the modem and the router and the issue still remains (actually, the new router just has a garbage connection in general, despite being the same model). I've attached the downstream bonded channels for the original modem and I have a portion of the log available as well but I'm hesitant to post it in case it contains sensitive information (I don't know if the MAC can be used against me).

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

The downstream is OK, We need to see the upstream values as well. Also copy all of the text of those error log entries (instead of using an image) and paste them into your next post here, but you'll need to redact all of the CM MAC and CMTS MAC addresses. The bot will not allow your post to be seen publicly.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 months ago

DrasticHatchet 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@DrasticHatchet 

Please post the upstream power values and the error log entries right here in your topic, This is in keeping with the intent of what these public help forums were designed for so that all readers here may benefit. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here