kgowen4444's profile

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

Wednesday, October 28th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

All of a sudden by Arris SB8200 is asking for log in

Hello,

All of a sudden, my arris SB8200 is asking to log in to check modem status  IE Powers levels, errors, etc.   (Im using 192.168.100.1 as I always have) I never used to get a log in screen before.   It appears Xfinity did a firmware update that all of a sudden does not allow me to access my modem interface.   Is there a default password that is used to get into the modem?   Seems a bit messed up since I purchased my pwn equipment.   This worked perfectly fine 2 days ago.   Please advise as I use this all the time to check signals levels, etc

Contributor

• 

393 Messages

4 years ago

If you've never set them, most manufacturers default to user: admin, password: password.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

It's a security feature in the latest update. The login name is "admin", and the password is the last 8 digits of the modem's serial number. You will then be asked to create a new password.

https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Web-Manager-Access

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

4 years ago

Of course that is not working.    I type in the last 8 of serial number and it still shows invalid username and password.  Glad they did this to custoemr provided equipment... Classy.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@kgowen4444 wrote: ... I type in the last 8 of serial number and it still shows invalid username and password. ...

Does https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Factory-Reset help? :

NOTE: On firmware version 1.01.009.47 and later, holding the Reset button down for 10 seconds will reset the modem and revert the custom admin password back to the default password (last 8 digit of the serial number).

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@tburton82 wrote: Disregard. the alpha characters are case sensitive.

Characters in passwords usually are, but thanks for posting that this is the case for the SB8200. Note that https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Web-Manager-Access states that the new custom password you enter must meet these requirements:

• Minimum of 8 to 20 maximum characters
  • At least one uppercase alpha character
  • At least one lowercase alpha character
  • At least 1 number
  • One of ~ ! @ # $ % ^ * ( ) - _ = + [ ] { } | ; : , . / ?

This list really should include a note that "passwords are case-sensitive", but that information seems to be given only in a graphic below this list.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue, last 8 digits of SN don't work. I also tried the last 8 digits of the MAC that doesn't work either. Does anyone else have any ideas? 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Disregard. the alpha characters are case sensitive.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@andyross Andy Thanks for this very timely advice, it's a life saver.  I had exactly this same problem and your tip worked! I wasn't prompted to set up a custom password but I did anyway so that I didn't have to remember the SN. Thanks for ending the fruatration I'd been having trying to login.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Had been a while since I accessed modem and did just now because of this thread.

Even though it didn't prompt me to change password when I logged in using last 8 digits of the S/N, for security purposes, I am going to change it. 

Thank you

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Yea this worked !!! just a note my serial # was two letters and six numbers entered letters as CAPS and it worked

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

5 month old dead thread now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here