U

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

Thursday, July 28th, 2022 12:43 AM

Closed

Activating xFi Pods

Friend trying to activate new pods. Says to go to Xfinity App (purple one), select the silhouette (👤) in upper left hand corner and then scroll down to “Devices” section and click, “activate Xfi Pods.

Problem is, they do not have the Devices section in the app. We compared screens after we both selected the silhouette 👤 icons, and they were different?  

Several calls later, I just find out that Xfinity Cust Service said,”your phone is not compatible with the App (iPhone 13) and I should bring my iPhone (12) over to the house and log into app with their credentials??? Seems odd to me? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

@user_ac37b4. Thanks for the post and question., It is not a matter of not being compatible, but a possible issue with the version of the app with that model. I have had other customers run into the issue and most have the problem go away after an update, but did have to use another device to activate. It is also possible the pod can't be recognized for some other reason. There is no current known issues and the best recommendation if for them to reach out and have us put in a ticket if it persists. 

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks - I was able to speak with the audio/video person who did the install. The Xfinity Modem/Router was put into in Bridge mode and I didn’t catch that when I looked at the area where Xfinity Modem/Router was. So obviously it didn’t recognize the Pods…. Issue aborted. 

Problem Solver

• 

385 Messages

Yay @user_ac37b4! I am very happy to read that the issues was resolved, and you were able to get the modem out of Bridge mode. Wonderful news! You can also help resolve most troubleshooting issues from the help of our amazing Xfinity app, it is a great place to start and can help with all your other needs, such as bills, payments and managing your appointments. Is there anything else our team can do to assist this evening?

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here