U

Saturday, October 5th, 2024 1:54 AM

Activating previously working modem at new house

Hi there,

I have my own modem that I am trying to activate at a new house. It worked without an issue at my previous house and since moving to a new house I am no longer able to connect to the internet. All my devices are able to connect to the wireless network, just not the internet.

I notified xfinity of my move and the new address appears within the xfinity app.

I have gone through the process of trying to activate using the xfinity app on iphone and had no luck.

I have gone through the troubleshooting process multiple times using the app. The coaxial cable is tightly attached and I have power up and down.

I have tested the coaxial cable and outlets with a multimeter and they're fine.

What should my next steps be to get internet going?

Thanks

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

13 days ago

Is the *Online* indicator light lit steadily ?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

11 days ago

Hi @user_ud699g Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the internet connection. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

11 days ago

@XfinityJanelle 

Why does this have to go private at this point ? That kind of defeats the purpose of a public help forum such as this is, no ?... They haven't even returned with an answer for my question yet.............. Why not ask some general self troubleshooting things first which is in keeping with the intent of what these public help forums were designed for so that all readers here may benefit. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here