U

7 Messages

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 5:59 PM

activate xfinity pods error "Let's try that again" due to new white Xfi Gateway (common issue emerging on forum)

I am having same issue and see others posting also of this error when attempting to activate.

Several other users mentioned that they recently were upgraded to a newer more powerful router/modem. The white Xfi gateway from the older black rectangle one.

I too was upgraded and got this new equipment. After about 1 week my original pod just stopped working. I was unable to reconnect or re-activate it through the app. I spent 1.5 hours on chat with a customer service rep and they could do nothing. I even purchased a second pod. Same problem. Not able to activate and the app delivers the attached screenshot message. Don't think I didn't try every suggestion (restart gateway, reinstall Xfinity App, bluetooth on and not connected vial ethernet to gateway, etc....).

I surmise there is either a software or hardware bug in the new equipment.  Is there a fix for this or firmware update offered?  

All the answers to customers posting this problem on the forum are getting no help from customer service. 

It would be nice if Xfinity just admitted it is a known problem and say they are working on it. 

Accepted Solution

7 Messages

1 month ago

After 2 weeks of frustration i solved it. Although maybe temporarily. I re-activated the gateway from the app as if it were new.  Gave it the same Name and PW.  Then the app recognized and allowed me to add the xfi pod.  After the first pod activated i had a second pod. I activated that, but the first one i activated went offline and i couldn't reactivate. Although the good thing is the app at least recognized it. So i am left with only one pod and not going to bother activating a second one. I will wait and in hopefully a few days the issue that first occurred where the pod just deactivated will not happen again?. Fingers crossed. So, this is a software bug. 

1 Message

This advice just saved my sanity! I’ve been struggling with this same issue for about 2 weeks. Spent countless hours on the phone with Comcast. And even had 2 techs come out to see if there was a problem with my line. Words cannot express how happy I am to finally have a solution! It worked like a charm! Thank you!

6 Messages

23 days ago

same problem for me. Did the reactivation process and the problem still exists.

7 Messages

I finally resolved it for me. I had to reset my Xfinity Gateway using the app, by going to Accounts tab, then by scrolling down to Devices section and choosing Activate xFi Gateway or Modem. I would then basically choose my existing Gateway and reactivate it. Essentially resetting it from factory default and it is new device and wipes any other settings that existed in the Gateway and prevented the system from recognizing the Pod.

6 Messages

Thanks, but this did not resolve my problem. I did this sequence on two different days and it continues to immediately tell me "let's try that again" when I go to add a pod. My other pods work fine and I otherwise have good connectivity to the Internet.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_28gfs9 Let us take a look into the connection issue of your pod with you more directly. I see you sent us a direct message already. I'll continue with you there to get account information. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

@XfinityEricB​ I went ahead an bit the bullet and bought a brand new Xfi pod. I went to do the installation sequence and the app behaves exactly the same way as when I was trying to install a previous Xfi pod from my other house. This is telling me that either the app has an issue or there is something going on with communications between the gateway and the app. The app does not even pause enough to search for an Xfi pod and goes directly to "Let's try that again..."

With as many reports of this problem, why hasn't there been a level 2 or level 3 tech/support person that has documented the solution so it can be shared by this forum or in the level 1 support database?!? The problem is being replicated by a lot of different users so what is in common?

1 Message

17 days ago

Also experiencing this issue. Spent hours on the phone with the reps, who couldn't help. Then a tech came all the way out to tell me that they couldn't do anything.

[Edit: Netiquette] I went to a physical xFinity storefront. Told the manager my issue. He was surprised, then checked his own xFi Pods- he had the same thing!

So even the xFinity storefronts don't know about this issue. What is happening? I did not get a new Gateway, but have had the same issues for a few days now.

(edited)

6 Messages

@user_9amibo​ Sorry you are in the same boat as I am after my hours with support. Some of the supposed solutions could not be done because I needed their help to attempt them only to be told that they couldn’t help. It was like having my internet OOO and being told to send them an email for assistance! I will try a new pod that I can return if it does not connect. Otherwise, based on the numerous same complaints this is sounding like a class action situation to get results.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello user_9amibo, I'd love to work with you more on your Wi-Fi Boost Pod activation issues. It sounds like you've already gone through a lot of steps to try and get a resolution, so I'm sorry you're still putting in energy towards it. I know that's never fun, but I'm in your corner every step of the way. Are you having issues with a pod that was already connected to your network, or a new pod? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

13 days ago

I am having the same issue with same message.  I received a new gateway as well and am getting the same message.  Is there a fix for this yet?  I am getting nowhere with online support.  

Official Employee

• 

664 Messages

@user_ls633y Have you tried reactivating the modem per the steps above? 

1 Message

5 days ago

Same problem here. I just got a new pod today, paid $119 for it, and it gives the same error even after reactivating the gateway as if new. 

2 Messages

I had xfinity come out and they were able to reconnect the pods successfully. 

6 Messages

I also tried using a “virgin” phone with a fresh install of the Xfinity app so there were no cached settings. This is leading me to the router configuration as possibly blocking the installation…?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Let's troubleshoot this issue together, user_qdjgry. Can you please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

6 Messages

2 days ago

I need help with this same issue… Xfinity support was not helpful. Just said it was probs all a problem with my phone… and my wife’s phone… and my brothers phone. Clearly an app issue. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here