B

Thursday, July 4th, 2024 6:23 PM

A couple of websites time out

Two websites that I was able to access in the past now timeout.  Changing browser does not help. I have cleared all data and cookies associated with these two sites. Other websites work fine, and I can access these two if I connect to another internet source - my phone for example. It seems as though my Xfinity WiFi is somehow the culprit, but I'm at a loss to figure out where to investigate next.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

@BWein 

As a test, try disabling their Advanced Security Feature and see if they can be accessed;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security 

2 Messages

That worked - thank you.  I found that I can also permit access to sites that were blocked - at least temporarily - and leave Advanced Security on. I still don't know why those two sites were blocked suddenly, but sometimes there are things we are not meant to know.  Thanks again.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

3 months ago

BWein 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you with your website issues. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

Quite welcome ! Sometimes some sites accidentally get placed on various blacklists when they shouldn't be.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here