bateethto's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2024 12:47 AM

2.4ghz network not showing

I split my network into a 2.4ghz and a 5 so I can connect to smart devices. The 2.4 won't show under available networks. I tried using the assistant and it changed a setting which showed the 2.4 network for a few seconds and then went away. The same happens when restarting the modem. How can I get it to stay under shown networks?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 months ago

@bateethto Thanks for posting on our community forums. Just to make sure we are on the same page. Is this the process you are following on the Xfinity App? 

Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Details > Edit Wi-Fi Settings > Split Bands 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

Hi, yes that is the process I am using to split the network. Still is not showing. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thank you so much for confirming, bateethto! Are you using a separate router or just the stand-alone modem?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I am using the stand alone xfinity router. It’s the XB6 router. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

bateethto Thanks for confirming. What device are you using in order to view your networks? Also, has the 2.4 Network ever allowed you to connect a device?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I have tried looking for the 2.4 network on phone, laptop, and on smart devices. The network used to show a 2.4 network but I believe it was through an external router. 

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

bateethto If you don't see the 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi channel settings (i.e., WiFi Mode, Channel Selection and Channel Mode), it means that these settings are being managed automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here