user_37180f's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 14th, 2023 3:04 PM

Closed

2.4 ghz device unable to connect, Technical Support non-existent

According to Xfinity:

"If you don't see the 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi channel settings (i.e., WiFi Mode, Channel Selection and Channel Mode), it means that these settings are being managed automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible."

***EXCEPT, IT DOESN'T WORK!***

I need specific step-by-step instructions on how to connect a 2.4 ghz device to my network when:

"the settings are being managed automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible."

***THE ABOVE DOES NOT WORK***

How do I get my device on the network when the Xfinity Gateway isn't doing the right thing? This device previous worked just fine on the network, but now I have no way to get it to connect to our home network. 

What's the workaround?

I foolishly tried calling for assistance, but quickly learned that doesn't result in a resolved issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. It's not what we want for our customers. Our team will be happy to help! 

If you have Xfi Pods, advanced Wi-Fi settings are not visible and cannot be managed from the Admin Tool or Xfinity xFi. Pods require that you only have one Wi-Fi network name and password.

If you do not have Xfi Pods, you can split the bands in the Xfinity app, but it is not recommended. I have posted some directions below, give it a try and let us know if it worked. 

Go to Xfinity app >> go to connect tab >> select "view or edit Wi-Fi settings" >> there is a toggle switch that says "split bands" >> turn it on and your 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz channels should be split. 

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have additional questions or concerns! 

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

1 year ago

A number of devices only connect to 2.5Gh such as security cameras and Amazon Alexa.  Basically the license fees for 2.5 devices are cheaper !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here