L

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Aug 4, 2021 1:30 AM

20+ unknown devices connected through MoCA

I have the X6 gateway and live in an apartment. Multiple unknown devices stay connected even after i pause or forget them slowing down my connection. Speed tests show good results, but getting web browsing pages, as well as cell phone apps to load takes over 5 min sometimes. Probably due to how many devices are connected? I have tried all the ways of turning MoCA off in the gateway settings but it auto switches back on. I have called xfinity multiple times and they dont seem to know what MoCA is, but it is a main feature on the xfinity devices. After one of many factory resets, I go to login on the gateway admin address, through ethernet connected to my gateway, and I ended up logging onto my neighbors gateway showing me their password. This is a huge security flaw that I dont even know how Xfinity has not addressed. I have seen posts of people eventually getting a tech out to their house, installing a MoCA filter, and problem solved. But the three people I talked to on the phone told me my only solution is upgrading to Xfi complete, which is totally rediculous. Xfinity should give their representatives more knowledge and resources. They said there is no way they can send a tech out to my house. I am at a point that I am very bothered by xfinity internet. 

Responses

Official Employee

• 

134 Messages

2 m ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Comcast family. I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time trying to get this resolved. A MoCA filter would correct this for sure. Although, these are usually installed during installation as it's mandatory. There is also a chance that you already have one but it's not installed correctly. I'd be happy to check the account to see what your MoCA network is looking like. At the very least kick every device off the network, then you can change the WiFi Network password. In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Thank you Antoine! Its a breath of fresh air seeing your comment. I am sending you a PM now. <3

Official Employee

• 

201 Messages

Hello again @Leetho0528, I just wanted to reach back out and double-check how things are going. Are you still experiencing this unknown device issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here