U

Wednesday, September 4th, 2024 1:46 AM

Xfinity streaming keeps cutting out every hour on the hour

We have two TV's. Both have ability to watch Xfinity streaming. They cut out for a few seconds every hour on the hour. Also if I change the channel it buffers with --- for several seconds and then says to retry. I retry but nothing. I always have to turn off the tv and start over. This has been going on for months now. Nothing is wrong with my internet. That all works fine. Our tv's work for all other apps, etc with ZERO issues. 

So what is going on? Sick of paying for something that is not working correctly. I have to time changing my channel so that I have a few minutes for the TV to reboot. Also always miss the end of a show or news due to the cut out on the hour, every hour.

Please advise!

Official Employee

• 

476 Messages

15 days ago

Good evening @user_jsmlms. Thanks for taking the time to post on the Forums with your stream issue. Can you confirm what type of TVs you have? 

2 Messages

I have LG tv's. Bought in 2020 and 2022

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

Thank you for providing that information! I am showing the 2020 and 2022 models listed on our approved list of devices, could you please try uninstalling the Xfinity Stream app and then reinstalling it, and let me know if you are seeing the same issue? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I also have the same issue and I have All Samsung TV’s 2020 and 2023

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Seems like it refreshed every hour on the hour kinda weird 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Greetings, user_769140! We want to get this figured out and are happy to further help. Have you checked for updates on your TV? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity app on at least one of your TVs? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here