Philipm's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 10th, 2023 8:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Streaming Blocks me when im not home

I pay for xfinity and nfl+ and when i am traveling i am blocked from watching my home football games.  I my home TV can watch but i can not watch on my phone (even though noone is watching tv at home) i should be able to watch my home TV regardless of where i am in the world.  Seems to me that access to content in the USA can not be restricted based on geography.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your out-of-home streaming! I definitely understand not wanting to miss out on your home games.

The availability of local broadcast affiliate livestreams depends on where you're located when you select the stream and the availability of that network in your location. For example, if you live in Philadelphia and select the NBC network stream (available out-of-home) while you're in Philadelphia, you'll see the Philadelphia broadcast from NBC 10 (WCAU). However, if you travel to another location you would only be able to access the local network in your current area. I hope this helps. Here is a link with more details, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/live-stream-local-broadcast-affiliates-out-of-home. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

But i can watch anything from anywhere on youtube netflix amazon prime.  And im able to watch all the rest of your channels from anywhere.  Seems Xfinity is purposefully restricting access to content ive already paid to watch. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@Philipm There are over 250+ channels you can live stream from when you are not on your home network, however, you can live stream all of your channels when you are using your home network. The availability of how the content can be viewed is made at the network level and not something that Xfinity has a say in. Please review the following article to see the list of networks that you would have access to on the go if they are a part of your cable package. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-go-live-streaming-networks 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@Philipm​ It's because they want you to buy into more services. I was told if I'm not home and want to watch the Grammys I would need to purchase Paramount+. They're scammers.

3 Messages

8 months ago

This happens to me too. I travel a lot and I'm unable to watch what I pay for. I'm hoping there will soon be a class action that I can join.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here