U

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 9:45 PM

Xfinity Stream works on my iPad and my husband's iPhone, but not on my iPhone! I get the error message, "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch."

I cannot watch live shows or stream shows from my DVR to my phone. I get the error message, "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch." however, I AM on my home network.

I have an iPhone 15 Pro, my husband has an iPhone 15 Pro Max, and my iPad is an iPad Pro, 4th generation. All three devices are on iOS version 17.5.1. All three devices are on the same WiFi network. As near as I can tell, all of the app settings are the same on all three devices.

Steps taken:

1. Reboot the phone.

2. Kill the app and restart.

3. Delete the app and reinstall.

4. Reboot the DVR (several times).

5. Reboot the Modem and router (several times).

It still will not work. I cannot think of another reason why it won't work!

HELP!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

user_xm4zms Thank you so much for using our Forums and taking the time to reach out. We apreciate all the efforts you have tried on getting this resolved and we are here to help. In order to get started can you please send me a [Modmail message](https://comca.st/3w7nI14) with your full name, and full address?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 month ago

@XfinityJorge wrote: "... please send me a [Modmail message](https://comca.st/3w7nI14) with your full name, and full address?"

"Modmail" is the private message facility used on the Reddit web site. Here in the Xfinity Forums, the equivalent is Direct Messaging.

To send the requested information in a private Direct Message ("DM") to Xfinity Support from any forums.xfinity.com page:

• Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible  

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon above or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging  

• On the DM page click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon  

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person" but don't do that. It won't work.

Instead, type Xfinity Support there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.

• Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter or tap the > icon to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Regrettably the "pencil and paper" icon is a pale grey that is active even though it does not look active. Go ahead and select it. But if a red circle-slash appears when you try to select the icon it means that DMs are disabled in your user Profile. If that happens, go to your Profile Settings, clear the "Opt Out from Direct Messaging" checkbox, click Save, and try again.

1 Message

1 month ago

I am having the same problem. Here is a summary: I have multiple Roku in my home and all are getting the message that I need to be connected to my home network. I have updated the software on the Roku,, rebooted the router, unplugged and plugged in the router, TV and Roku device, All firmware is current and I have confirmed I am on my home network. I can stream using my cell phone on the same home network. I see from earlier postings that this was an xfinity upgrade issue . So, before I go deeper into this I would appreciate if Xfinity would see if this problem is systemic. Please advise

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_4arzn1 Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I’m really sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your Roku devices. It sounds like you’ve already taken some great troubleshooting steps. Let’s see if we can get this resolved for you. From what you’ve described, it seems like you’re already on the right track with updating software, rebooting devices, and confirming your connection. Since you’re able to stream on your cell phone, it suggests that your home network is working, but there might be an issue specifically with the connection between your Roku devices and the network. I would be happy to continue to troubleshoot this with you. To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

1 month ago

Any resolution to this issue.

3 Messages

@user_v4vx29​ nope. I have not yet heard back from Xfinity after I supplied the requested information.

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

user_xm4zms we do have an open messaging thread and are excited to help resolve this issue with you. We're available anytime. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_v4vx29 Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! If you are experiencing a similar issue, can you please tell us more about it? What devices are you experiencing the issue with, what type of error messages and what troubleshooting steps have you taken? It's important to us that we help find a resolution to your concerns.

3 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ how exactly am I supposed to see this "open messaging thread"? I followed the instructions given by BruceW to supply my name and address on 7/28/24, but haven't heard anything in the intervening 11 days. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_xm4zms I apologize we did get your message you may have missed our reply but we are more than happy to continue in private. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here