LA_17's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Friday, April 5th, 2024 4:09 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream suddenly stopped working on Roku

Been using Stream since beta and never had an issue with streaming until yesterday. Error message I captured was TVAPP-00287 although there may have been others as I tried various fixes. Uninstalled app, restarted Roku, reinstalled, nothing. Validated internet connection and network name. Sometimes get error message and other it says it is “retrying” and just hangs with the annoying bubbles. THIS IS POOR.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

Thanks again, LA_17 for reaching out directly! I'm glad a simple Xfinity Gateway restart solved the issue. Take care! 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Thank you - the ONE thing I didn't think to do, as I thought it was a software issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

LA_17, It is our pleasure to serve you. Do you have any additional questions or concerns for us? How is the rest of the services working for you?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

@LA_17 thanks for your post. We are happy to help you. Please send us your full name and complete address in a direct message: 

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here