U

Wednesday, August 2nd, 2023 11:23 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream on Firetv “connection error…”

Trying to make the xfinity stream app work

your local office rep told me to do this after my satillite xfinity dvr box broke.  

Brand new Firetv 4k stick

all updates applied.  OS Version 6.2.9.7

xfinity streaming app on firetv  version 7.6.0.6

running on arris router with netgear Orbi rbr850 5G mesh 

The comcast dvr box itself is running on this same network as well as the app on an iphone.  The iphone is even on the same mesh.   

all other apps are working on the firestick so dont tell me its the stick or network.  

your app is throwing an error “connection error please check your connection and try again”  when hitting the opening Sign in screen

i have already Uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times including both soft and hard reboots.   I have also cleared the cache and data in the app settings.   Same result, it does not go through to the sign in page but blocks on connection error

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_7d6f40, thanks for reaching out for help with setting up the Xfinity Stream app on your Firestick.

By chance have you tried the Xfinity Stream app on any other devices to see if you get a connection error? In some cases we have seen the Orbi mesh networks cause this error. This can happen because it causes the stream app to not recognize that you are connected to your home network. 

You mentioned that your iPhone is connected to the mesh network as well. So if the app works on the iPhone it should also work for the Firestick. Please let us know if you have tested the Stream app on any other mobile devices that are connected to the same mesh network. 

5 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​    I am able to use the xfinity stream app on two different iphones on the same node of the mesh network.  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for working with us and we are here to get to the bottom of this. Those additional details help us get a better understanding now we would like to look into the account. Please send us a DM for us to look into this immediately. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ 

I have figured out a workaround on my own that starts to solve the issue.  I took the fire stick and turned off the Home network. I then attach the fire stick to a hotspot from my iPhone once on the hotspot, I then restarted the Xfinity streaming app it was able to get into the authentication sequence. It went to a provisioning step, and is turned on now.

I then reattached the fire stick to my home,  netgear orbi network, and the app is finding my dvr content.  ! however!  It will not play the content!   

so this gives you a starting point for debugging. there is something going on in the apps network  check that it is happening at initial signin and when launching content but is not being done when fetching dvr list and browsing . 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Please send us the Direct Message and we are happy to dig into this on our end. I appreciate you sharing the workaround and we will be waiting to hear from you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

1 year ago

Can Xfinity please provide a solution? I am having exact same issue as original poster.

2 Messages

1 year ago

I’m able to stream other apps (Netflix, prime) but initial sign in says connection error. Also ran a speed test and network trouble shooting and there is no issue. Just xfinity’s app

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_ff23e5 Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your issues you are having with our App. Our Streaming App was down on Sunday, and it is working now. Are you still having issues with our App? 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here. 503 error on fire tv with xfinity stream.  Worked fine last night.

1 Message

1 year ago

Me too plz find a fix

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi @user_874701! Thank you so much for reaching out. Our Streaming App is now working correctly. How is the app working for you today? 

2 Messages

I am having the same problem of getting a connection error when trying to use xfinity stream on my fire TV with Orbi network.  What is the solution?

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

Hey there, @user_t6hcz3! I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with the connection on the Fire Stick. We can certainly dive into the troubleshooting further with you if you have attempt to uninstall, and reinstall the App plus ensuring your Fire Stick is updated. If you have completed all those steps, please send us a DM to get started. 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

5 Messages

1 year ago

Ive also verified similar login issues using the samsung tv app on this same netgear orbi850 network.  Apple app does work.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @user_7d6f40, I have a Samsung TV and use the Stream app a ton on there, I love how the two seamlessly work together. But, I would be reaching out just the same if I was having issues. To make sure we're on the same page, are you having issues with the Xfinity Stream app on your TV, or a 3rd party Samsung app?

5 Messages

I am having trouble with BOTH the xfinity stream app on a Firestick AND on a Samsung TV.  both devices attempting from a netgear orbi 850 mesh network.   for reference, the xfinity stream app on an iphone and an ipad works on the same network with the same account.  so the variables are the app code base, device hardware and the os the app is running on.

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue. Did the work around someone suggested earlier by connecting to a hotspot to sign in. This needs to be fixed. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_9f6648 Hi there, I would like to take a closer look at this for you. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

2 Messages

I am having this same problem  What is the solution?

1 Message

11 months ago

I am having the same issue. My firestick is connected to my home Wi-Fi. All other apps work fine but the xfinity stream app that I have installed and Uninstalled and reinstall 3 times is giving me a Connection Error at the Sign In screen.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here