U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 15th, 2023 11:48 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream not working....

I was watching Xfinity on Thursday on my PC when it stopped working.

Now, I get the dreaded 'three dot loading' continuously.

I have tried everything that this website (and others) have recommended.

Is the streaming down?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@user_0cb61e, Thank you for reaching out through Xfinity Communities. Are you still having issues with the Xfinity Stream app? Let us know, we would love to help. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I may be posting twice on here, but....

I was watching a stream on my PC last week, and it suddenly shut down and the dreaded three dot loading came up.

It has been like this ever since.

I was using Google.

I have tried clearing the cashe and all the other recommendations from your website FAQ AND all other suggestions from other sites.
I can stream via Firefox, but I want to continue streaming from Google. And by the look of the issues/followers for this problem posted on here, it seems to be a common issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_0cb61e, Thank you for the information. One of the things we are finding is that you may need to enable Flash on Google Chrome to watch Xfinity Stream. 

If you use Google Chrome to watch shows or movies from the  Xfinity Stream portal, you might need to turn on Flash. And starting with  Chrome 76, you won’t be able to turn on Flash from within the Xfinity Stream portal.

That means the next time you open Chrome, you’ll have to enable Flash through Chrome’s built-in settings. 

Turning on Flash on Chrome

1. Go to xfinity.com/stream.
  2. Click on the Lock icon to the left of the address bar.
    Lock icon left of url

3. Click the dropdown to the right of Flash, scroll down and select Allow.
    Flash on left with drop down box on right with Allow as second option on drop down

4. Click Reload to apply the settings.
    Reload button appears below url
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Using Chrome for Xfinity Streaming does not work (due to Flash, as noted here) and Flash Plug-in is also not a good solution.

Just switch browser and use Firefox and voila! Xfinity streaming works just fine. Good luck!

PS: I'm just a (very long term) Xfinity customer.

Ramal

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here, but started this week. Is there a fix, Firefox?

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_s129873. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assistance. We value your security and privacy, and wanted to let you know I have edited your username for you. I did want to ensure you're able to enjoy the awesome Xfinity Stream App, are you still experiencing issues when trying to view content?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

1 year ago

Having the same problem with Firefox v119.0

I reset FF and the Xfinity Stream website worked fine for about 6 hrs then back to not working. The Xfinity streaming site works well on MS Edge and my Android phone. YouTube works fine too.

(edited)

1 Message

1 year ago

Still not working on firefox for streaming when will the fix be going up for it. I've cleared cache, reset my account multiple times

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @user_3c7mxv thanks for contacting our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. We are sorry to hear that you are also impacted by these issues with the Streaming service over FireFox, and we are happy to help. Have you made sure that your browser is up-to-date with the most recent version? 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue with firefox not working..... Please don't make me keep using Edge.

1 Message

@user_xkmf5q​  I'm just a customer with the same problem on Firefox. 

I like everyone else hate Edge.  But believe it or not, Firefox Private Browsing works.

Until someone comes up with an answer, I'm just using the Private Browser.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here as well with only Firefox not working

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here