A

Monday, July 24th, 2023 5:39 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream not working on Tv

Can someone please help me understand how to make xfinity stream app works on TV ? Keep getting error :” unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription . Check out xfinity.tv/ shop to subscribe today”

ERROR: TVAPP-00165

it works perfectly on my phone and computer. Just not on TV. Please help! 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @Angel_luv and thanks for your post. Having issues with our Xfinity Stream App would be frustrating. I know I would be reaching out if I was in your shoes too! We are happy to help. If you do not have a cable tv subscription, you will not have access to the Xfinity Stream app on any partner devices. TV's (Samsung/LG), Roku, Fire stick/tv, Apple TV etc. The Stream app is intended for cable customers who want access to their tv channels without renting a cable box.

2 Messages

@XfinityPeterH​ 

i was told by customer service that the streaming service is included in my high speed internet plan. It works on my computer and cellphone , just not the TV. How come?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Angel_luv it's best if we take a closer look at your subscription. That way we can get a specific answer for you, and so we can talk about the exact services you have. When you have a moment send us a direct message that includes your name and service address. Just use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your message to "Xfinity Support." 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityPeterH​ I am having the same issue as well.  It is CLEARLY stated on 2 different support pages that Xfinity stream is available without TV services.  Can you please explain this on the Forum so others have the answer as well?  

1. I’m not an Xfinity TV customer. Can I still use Stream?

Yes, Xfinity Stream is included with your Xfinity service. There is live and On Demand content accessible to all Xfinity customers on the following devices: web, iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast and AirPlay. Sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.  From <https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-app-faqs>

2. What happens to my purchases if I disconnect Xfinity service?
    Viewing purchased titles on your TV requires a subscription to Xfinity TV service with access to Xfinity On Demand. If you disconnect all of your Xfinity services, you can continue to watch purchased titles using the Xfinity Stream portal (xfinity.com/stream) and the Xfinity Stream app.

You'll need your primary Xfinity ID and password to access your purchases online or to add a mobile device. (Secondary Xfinity IDs will no longer work.)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hopefully this helps how the streaming works. You can use the stream app without a TV subscription to access some content like our "Free this week" when it's provided. The stream app won't have access to content that isn't subscribed to like Paramount as that would require a TV subscription. Customers can use the app without a subscription, but will be limited to only the content provided at any given time at no cost. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Yes it helps, now how would we solve the "ERROR: TVAPP-00165" when trying to sign in?  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here