bill_z142's profile

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, October 11th, 2022 7:34 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream not working on MacBook air

I recently tried to stream live TV from Xfinity Stream on my MacBookAir. I never get past the web site loading, not even to present my credentials.  I tried clearing the cache and 3 different browsers (Safari, Chrome and Firefox).  I also tried the web portal from my iPad, same behavior.  I am running all the latest OS's and Safari is version 16.

Comcast thinks it might be my devices.  Anyone else having issues?

thanks

Bill 

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @bill_z142. It has been a couple of days since you reached out. Were you able to get this resolved, or are you still having issues? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I am still having issues. I called the help desk and they even dispatched a tech to the house. No one is able to tell me what’s happening

Thanks

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to stream still. What error message and error code are you receiving?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

No error message. Just waiting for login screen, see pic

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Thank you for that photo with us @bill_z142. I can certainly see how frustrating that would be. Please rest assure you have reached the right team for assistance. I would like to take a closer look into the account. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

About the time of Hurricane Ira Xfinity streaming app stopped working on all platforms. Sometimes there is an error code TVAPP-00251 and sometimes it is a “waiting screen”.  This happens on MacOS, iOS, ROKU, and TVOS.  I have been connected to Xfinity Customrr and Tech support but nothing helps. I am able to stream successfully from Apple, Paramount+, Amazon, Tubi, Pluto, NFL, etc. EVERYTHING works except Xfinity Stream App

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Hi there, I hope you are having a great day! Please send me a private message with your full name and full address. I can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

After years of being able to mirror Xfinity streaming to my TV via my MacBook Air, I am now unable to do so. I spent 1/2 hour with an Apple Care consultant who pointed out that because YouTube videos and others are still mirroring perfectly, it is NOT my equipment that is the problem. There is something about Xfinity that is incompatible with Apple/Mac. Please offer a solution for this as streaming my recorded programs by mirroring is a primary reason I have an Xfinity account and a primary source for my entertainment. I am using OS Ventura 13.0.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

After years of being able to mirror Xfinity streaming to my TV via my MacBook Air, I am now NOT able to do so. I spent 1/2 hour with an Apple Care consultant who pointed out that because YouTube videos and others are still mirroring perfectly, it is NOT my equipment that is the problem. There is something about Xfinity that is incompatible with Apple/Mac. Please offer a solution for this as streaming my recorded programs by mirroring is a primary reason I have an Xfinity account and a primary source for my entertainment. I am using OS Ventura 13.0.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I've been having this issue with my laptops (Windows 10 and 11).  Although I cannot readily test it right now, it was working when I was not at home 6 months ago.  I am not using the xfinity modem, could that be it or is there some setting I need to address?  I can though stream apps on my laptops (Prime Video, YouTube, and others).  If they solved your problem via direct messaging, please provide the corrective actions.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have been having the same problem on my laptops (Windows 10 & 11).  I was able to stream about 6 months ago when I was on travel.  Could the problem be with my home xfinity network (I'm not using an xfinity modem/router)?  I am able to stream video on both laptops (Prime Video, YouTube, etc) using my home xfinity network.  If your problem was resolved by direct messaging with xfinity, please share the solution.

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Hello 
@user_1f9d02 if you're having the same issue, send me a direct message. 

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Ditto the following I also Have not been able to connect to watch tv via my Mac air. New problem as I watched this way for yrs. Need a answer please

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Greetings, @Bennie1, and thread. Thanks for your assistance in getting to the root cause of this issue. We want you to be able to Stream on your devices. I am not seeing this as a known issue so we need to further troubleshoot and possibly open a ticket on your account. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Xfinity Stream app? If you visit the Xfinity Stream website in a browser does the service work?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

i'm having the same issue.  There is no xfinity app for the Mac.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I too same problem but no answers from Xfinity.  I guess they do not want those of us with MacBook Air to use their app.  Cannot believe they would develop an app that does not work for all their customers!!!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm unable to use the xfinity stream in the browser of MacBook Air.. I'm getting the same "xfinity" loading screen as described above. Please help as there's a big night of sports on the horizon.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello @user_f66f4d! Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Comcast/xfinity needs to look at their equipment not ours.  So many with MacBook Air cannot download the app.  Why would Xfinity set up to make us download the app by April without testing it themselves.

No one is giving a direct answer to this problem.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I also have a MacBook M2 Air and Xfinity Stream does not work. You would think 5 months would be enough time to fix this. 

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here