Tuebor330's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, January 17th, 2021 6:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream not working on Chromebooks?

In the past week, the streaming website will not work on my Chromebook. It still works on my Windows computer using Chrome, just not my Chromebook (Google Pixelbook). It's stuck trying to load the channel directory (three pulsing dots). Any help or ideas? 

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I finally was able to fix the issue by doing a factory reset/power wash of my Chomebook. 

Thanks for taking the time to try and help.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Tuebor330 wrote:

In the past week, the streaming website will not work on my Chromebook. It still works on my Windows computer using Chrome, just not my Chromebook (Google Pixelbook). It's stuck trying to load the channel directory (three pulsing dots). Any help or ideas? 

are you using the chrome browser? is it up to date (help-about)? or are you trying to use an app on the chromebook?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

@Rustyben Yes, using up to date Chrome browser on a Google Pixelbook (Chrome OS). I am not using the app - I prefer using the Xfinity website to stream. The app works, the website will not.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Tuebor330 wrote:

@Rustyben Yes, using up to date Chrome browser on a Google Pixelbook (Chrome OS). I am not using the app - I prefer using the Xfinity website to stream. The app works, the website will not.

use the wifi widget and verify you are on a 5.0 wifi radio. also try closing all windows on the google chrome then update via chrome browser the firmware until no updates are available. then do a complete power down/restart (this is not the lock or pressing power button restart). you can google how to do that on your device. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Wifi 5.0 channel 153

Platform: Chrome OS on Chromebooks

Platform Version: 13505.73.0

Version: Version 87.0.4280.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Says it's up to date. I power it down every time I'm finished using it.

Still unable to connect to: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Tuebor330 wrote:

Wifi 5.0 channel 153

Platform: Chrome OS on Chromebooks

Platform Version: 13505.73.0

Version: Version 87.0.4280.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Says it's up to date. I power it down every time I'm finished using it.

Still unable to connect to: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/

do you have a vpn running on the chromebook? are you connected to your own home wifi SSID? did you try tethering to a smart phone for data to see if the TVgo channels at least work when tethered?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

do you have a vpn running on the chromebook? are you connected to your own home wifi SSID? did you try tethering to a smart phone for data to see if the TVgo channels at least work when tethered?

No.

Yes. 

Just tried tethering through mobile phone network - still doesn't work.

Very strange that I was able to watch TV through the website every week for a couple of years, then suddenly last week, it quits working.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Tuebor330 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

No.

Yes. 

Just tried tethering through mobile phone network - still doesn't work.

Very strange that I was able to watch TV through the website every week for a couple of years, then suddenly last week, it quits working.

on your chromebook during updates, do you see an end of life no future updates will be provided message?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

No. The only thing similar I've seen are notices about Adobe Flash no longer being upgraaded/supported, but nothing during system updates.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

i've got an older chromebook that at end of 2020 said no more updates will be provided. it plays using the xfinity stream website.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

4 years ago

FWIW, I was having ap roblem streaming on my MBP with Chrome. Switched to Safari and it works.  Something with Chrome, it seems.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I have a Dell  Inspiron 11 2in1 Chromebook. The xfinity stream app just gives me blinking 3 dots when I go to play something and eventually complains about the internet.  Running it from the chrome browser is similar.

Youtube works fine on videos even at 1080p and speedtest shows 100mb/sec so its not the internet.

Any ideas?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@kmand No one has replied. I can add that the App streams the free movies ok, its just my recordings that sit blinking the 3 dots.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here