U

Thursday, August 29th, 2024 11:26 AM

Xfinity stream IOS mobile app version 7.18

Recently the mobile app on our iPads upgraded from 7.17 to 7.18.  We use this app to cast to our tv.  The new app is not allowing us access to local channels. (Fox, CBS, NBC).  The old app allowed us access and only blocked Phillies games when they were playing at home.   We can still watch comedycentral, etc.  We uninstalled the app and reinstalled. That did not fix.  I have the app on my android phone and I can still get the local channels (version 8.5)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

14 days ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support @user_trs3p6!  We are so glad to hear from you and are happy to help in any way that we can.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to help get things squared away.  Can you tell me if the device you are accessing the app on, is using the most up-to-date operating system?

4 Messages

Yes. On latest iOS version 17.6.1 and Xfinity stream version. 'Watch' version is still not enabled

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_trs3p6 Thank you for keeping us posted so we can continue helping. Do you get an error message when you try to access the channels? Are you connected to your in-home Xfinity network when this happens? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

We are at home but the tv service is billed under our 2nd home.  We only have xfinity Internet at our home where we are trying to use the app. It always worked before until the new version 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​ 

This is the issue. Before the latest update it worked fine. Now it doesn't. Look at all the posts. 
We shouldn't have to use wi fi to use a streaming service on our phones or tablets. That defeats the purpose of a streaming service. 
this is getting frustrating that xfinity won't admit the last update caused this or that they are working to fix this error asap. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_trs3p6 Thank you for that information. What is happening when you attempt to view these channels? Are you getting an error code or message? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here