Chris74656's profile

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

Monday, October 16th, 2023 12:19 PM

Closed

XFinity Stream / For You often missing list of shows for the previous night?

I often go to Xfinity Stream (on my PC using Firefox) and look at shows that were on last night; for example I'm now looking for "Sunday Night Shows" but when I scroll down the page I see Recent Channels, All TV shows included with your service, Free Halloween movies, New & Popular movies to rent or own, Popular movies, Popular TV shows, Sports on now, Live TV, Free streaming channels now, Free samples, Free premium movies (without ads), Free movies, All free kids TV & movies and Browse more but the section for "Sunday night shows" is missing. This is not an isolated indecent either as I often notice that on Thursday or Friday that the section for Wednesday night shows or Thursday night shows is often also missing; not always but enough to really be annoying. What's the problem here?

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

And today "Monday night shows" appeares between Free streaming channels now and Free samples and no amount of refreshing the page yesterday made "Sunday night shows" appear.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

And today "Tuesday night shows" does not appear, there is nothing in between "Free streaming channels on now" and "Free Samples"

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @Chris74656! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. We value you as a customer and my team is here to support you. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this for you. 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you attempted to see if this same thing occurs on a different device? When did this first start to occur on your end? Before that, did the previous night's shows always populate on your end? 

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityAmira​ The URL for the page I'm on is https://www.xfinity.com/stream/foryou and yes I've checked on another computer and it appears the same; the section with the previous days or in the case "Tuesday night shows" does not appear. And I have to say that the device is not the issue, if it were then on Tuesday why would it show "Tuesday night shows" but Monday and today Wednesday does it not show the section with the previous nights shows. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if then there is a section called "Wednesday night shows" and I will post a picture but I'm attaching a screen grab of the two sections "Free streaming channels on now" and "Free samples" the section with "Tuesday night shows" should appear in between those sections but does not. And I'd like to also mention that the web browser does not selectively edit out sections of the web page that the server sends it; if it doesn't appear my opinion is that the server is not generating that section for some reason.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@Chris74656 Thank you so much for the Screenshot that was very helpful. I was actually able to confirm this category is not currently showing in the Xfinity stream portal online, the Xfinity stream app and on our X1 boxes. It looks as if the option is not currently avaiable. With the holidays and all the sports options currently on going we may have removed or are not using the category, as it is no longer on any of our platforms, I do appologize about that. The categories do change frequently depending on what is going and what options we find customers taking advantage of for specific days. From the X1 box I was able to find you can say "Tuesday night shows" Into my remote and received a bunch of results and my search results in the Xfinity stream app and online were all similar, so we are still tracking those programs for you all! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ But it was there on Tuesday as well as other days and if it shows up there tomorrow (which I will again post a picture of if that's the case) then there's a problem with the system not properly showing the section with the previous days shows i.e. some days it shows up and other days it's missing.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@Chris74656 I do appologize for any confusion, but it may be not there on purpose this may be due to the other content that we have avaiable at this the time. For example there is a Halloween movie option and a Horror movie category right now that may have taken The previous days shows space for the time being. Since this is on all platforms and other options are being shown, you can still search the option using the search bar as well. So during curated events or special events you may not see categories you normally have. This may also be to due the amount of new content that was avaiable for the previous day. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ So now today, Thursday that section is now appearing right where it should be between "Free streaming channels on now" and "Free samples" and shows "Wednesday night shows". So again I ask why didn't that section appear the other days that I mentioned? There is obviously something wrong in the system where this section isn't being properly generated on some days.

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

11 months ago

It's been almost a month now and I've hear nothing other than that this problem was refereed to the "Team" and it continues to happen the same days every week. For example every Monday there is no section for "Sunday night shows" and today that section is missing again. What is the status of this issue?

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

@Chris74656 Hi there! We sent a private message to you a few weeks ago in regard to this but have not heard back. If you go into your private messages, you should see it. Please check and respond there when you have a chance. Thanks!

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

9 months ago

I was contacted by your representative [Edited: Personal Information] in November of 2023 and I discussed the problem with him extensively and provided him with plenty of screen captures. He said that he passed it all to the "Advanced Team", I've emailed him multiple times and he has not responded to me and I have no idea what the status of this problem is but it's not fixed that's for sure.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Chris74656 Thank you so much for this context. Since there was prior contact we should be able to retrieve those records from your account, and then re-escalate this issue. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there, @user_x35j79 ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'll be more than happy to look into your concerns. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here