tacoma50's profile

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Monday, January 17th, 2022 11:47 PM

Closed

xfinity stream beta app - poor navigation on Samsung TV

I installed the xifinity stream beta app on my Samsung model MU6290 TV.

It works, sort of. 

When I first installed the app I somehow stumbled across all the xfinity channels and I could scroll thru all the channels. I had selected 3 to watch.

The next day I tried the same thing, but I cannot find the channel line up anymore, all I see are the previous 3 channels I had watched, see attached picture here.

The navigation for this app is very poor. Can someone tell me how do I get to the full xfinity channlel line up? Or how do I go directly to a channel such as 1112.

I've attached pic of the TV screen I see and my remote.

In my picute you can see  "< xifinity stream" in the upper left corner of TV screen, but the remote won't let me navigate to that.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @tacoma50, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! I apologize you are having issues with your Xfinity Stream app and we definitely want you to be able to watch your favorite programs with ease! Here is a link with information on how to navigate the app on a Samsung TV which might be helpful, https://comca.st/3AfhiQl. Let me know if you still have additional questions as we are here to help!

Problem Solver

• 

429 Messages

2 years ago

@tacoma50 It seems you are missing the buttons that should be on the top row. If you press the up arrow on your remote do they show up? Have you tried exiting the stream app and relaunching? Also with the TV on, press and hold the power button until it reboots.

If none of that works, double check you are on the latest firmware for your TV. If still no luck, try accessing the mini guide. Go to one of your previously watched channels. Press the down arrow on your remote. Press on the <CH> icon on the lower bottom right. The mini guide should appear on the left side of screen.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here