Onetech67's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Beta App has no HD channels

I have a Roku TV and have been using the Xfinity Stream app for some time now. As of yesterday all the HD channels (800's) have disapeared. Can someone tell me why this has happened?  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@dscavs wrote:

I have installed the Xfinity Stream Beta app on my LG tv, but am also not receiving the HD channels.  How do I go about getting HD channels on the LG app?  

are you an X1 subscriber? on your most recent comcast bill is there a line that says "HD Technology fee" for $10 or $0? 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am an X1 subscriber but my bill doesn't have a line for "HD Technology Fee".  It does have a "Broadcast TV Fee"  for $10.  I currently receive HD channels through a Comacst CableCard, so I do have HD channels.  I just can't get the HD channels to show up in the Xfinity Stream Beta app guide.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@dscavs wrote:

I am an X1 subscriber but my bill doesn't have a line for "HD Technology Fee".  It does have a "Broadcast TV Fee"  for $10.  I currently receive HD channels through a Comacst CableCard, so I do have HD channels.  I just can't get the HD channels to show up in the Xfinity Stream Beta app guide.

which x1 set top box do you have? (DVR?) or do you mean you have no set top boxes but use the TV card for legacy cable (non-X1)?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I don't have a set top box.  I have a Comcast cable card in a PC running Windows Media Center.  My Comcast bill shows that I have X1 Starter package.  

I can also go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings on my PC and see and watch the HD channels, but they don't appear on the Xfinity Stream Beta app on the LG TV.  I can also watch non-live HD shows on the beta app on the LG, just can't get the live channels.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the same problem on myTCL Roku TV, my Roku Stick and my Roku Express. And I'd been watching TV though Xfinity Stream Beta with HD on my Roku for over 3 years. I spoke to tech support last week, asking for a list of all the current channels I have on my Blast + plan. He and a customer service rep both sent me to a web pages which offered no help. I also asked them what happened to the HD channels on Xfinity Stream. Customer service didnt know, and tech read me all the HD channel #'s for my package. But eviidently, either he didnt understand I was asking about HD channels on Xfinity Stream (I Do have them from my cable box), or even he didn't knnow they removed all HD channels on Xfinity Stream Beta in Roku. I don't have a smart phone and don't watch TV on my laptop. So I don't know if they've been removed from those apps too or not. I think it'svery petty that the did this without explanation. And even worse that neither customer service or tech support see to know anything about tihs change.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@dscavs wrote:

I don't have a set top box.  I have a Comcast cable card in a PC running Windows Media Center.  My Comcast bill shows that I have X1 Starter package.  

I can also go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings on my PC and see and watch the HD channels, but they don't appear on the Xfinity Stream Beta app on the LG TV.  I can also watch non-live HD shows on the beta app on the LG, just can't get the live channels.

look at your bill. is there a line that says "HD Technology fee" for $10 or $0 ?

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Signal Quality through xfinity stream app? is the signal coming to my display through the Xfinity streaming beta app on my new LG TV the exact same 4k signal coming through the comcast 4k set top box? not going through Roku, using the LG App. Looks like a clean signal but to my eyes doesn't seem to pop as much when compared to the set top box signal. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@carlislegeorge wrote:

Signal Quality through xfinity stream app? is the signal coming to my display through the Xfinity streaming beta app on my new LG TV the exact same 4k signal coming through the comcast 4k set top box? not going through Roku, using the LG App. Looks like a clean signal but to my eyes doesn't seem to pop as much when compared to the set top box signal. 

do you have X1 TV and internet service? is there a line on your most recent bill "HD Technology free" for $10 or for $0 ?

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Yes I am paying for HD service. My question is whether the X1 box does a better job processing a signal delivered from the coax via hdmi, or my TV (new LG 77 C9) does a better job processing the streamed Wi-Fi delivered signal, or is it exactly the same signal.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@carlislegeorge wrote:
Yes I am paying for HD service. My question is whether the X1 box does a better job processing a signal delivered from the coax via hdmi, or my TV (new LG 77 C9) does a better job processing the streamed Wi-Fi delivered signal, or is it exactly the same signal.

if there is a line as described for HD technology fee then you have HD on the stream beta app. depending upon signal strength and your network saturation (pipe available) situation they are the same stream with exception of audio as the stream app currently is only 2.0 audio.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I could not get private message button even after I signed in.  Now I just started the promotion deal of 100Mbps and 140+ channels (total $92 tax and fees included).  But no HD signal on TV either with Roku or Samsung smart TV.  What sould I do next?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Henry88888 wrote:

I could not get private message button even after I signed in.  Now I just started the promotion deal of 100Mbps and 140+ channels (total $92 tax and fees included).  But no HD signal on TV either with Roku or Samsung smart TV.  What sould I do next?

did you view a copy of your subscription benefits? did you see that your plan includes HD technology or has it added on? ($9.95/month). since new service, need to know to direct you to the correct place.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Don’t use the Roku just use the app Xfinity stream hit live TV should work good I just did it

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I just installed the Xfinity stream beta app then went to live TV and everything showed up HD and standard DEF no problems. The only thing I don’t like is I have to scroll through the menu like from channel 2000 to channel 2 scroll through the whole menu I can’t just push channel 2 but other than that works great and looks great

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having same problem on Samsung smart TV and TCL Roku tv
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here