U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, May 2nd, 2024 1:49 PM

Xfinity stream app Samsung vs Apple TV - Voice commands

Running Xfinity Stream app on both an Apple TV 4k box and a Samsung TV.  When viewing saved/DVR material Apple TV voice commands work.  I can press the microphone button and say fast-forward three minutes and the video skips ahead. With the app built into Samsung TV I can’t get the voice command to work. When I press the microphone button and say fast-forward three minutes the TV responds “I can’t perform that function“.

is there a way to get the fast-forward voice command to work on the app available on the Samsung TV?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

6 months ago

@user_6207f3

This link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/navigate-xfinity-stream-smarttvs that's great information on how to use Xfinity stream and what functions are available 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I read that prior to posting my question in hopes someone had a solution.  I’m guessing there are exponentially more xfinity stream viewers using apps on a smart tv rather than an apple tv box.  That being the case why does the app that has so many fewer users have much better capabilities?

We dropped 2 cable boxes for savings and replaced with xfinity stream.  We saved $20 for a couple months but then xfinity cranked up pricing and now we pay more than when we had the two cable boxes.  Pay more get less is how this customer feels.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_6207f3 Thanks for your feedback about your experience with our app and prices. We are always looking for ways to improve so I will make sure to pass your feedback along. Should you desire to do an account review to make sure your plan fits your needs and makes economic sense just let us know. We are happy to help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here