U

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Wednesday, November 24th, 2021 4:09 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream app on roku not working

The Xfinity stream app on roku is not working on all three of my devices at home.  I get the error message that I must be on my home wifi to use this which I am.  The roku software is updated and I have deleted and installed the Xfinity stream app on multiple devices and still get the same error (TVAPP-00101)  Xfinity service works fine on the Xfinity box itself.  When I called Comcast, the agent said that this is not their problem!  Any help?  This has worked for at least a couple of years with no issues.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

When I called a second time, I was eventually connected to one of the advanced technician who said that this is a "known outage" affecting the Northeast and that engineering is working on this.  Not sure what this really means but at least it was acknowledged that this is an Xfinity problem.  I wonder if this is related to the recent Roku software update...although other people have posted about this issue in the recent past as well before the update.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_c31f19

We're having the same issues. Frustrating!  

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Works on my laptop but will not work on my iPhone or iPad.  I’ve restarted modem and signed out and deleted apps.  Nothing works… fix xfinity!!!!!!!!!

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Good morning, @user_c31f19. 

I'd be happy to help and dig more into this for you. Can you please send me a DM with your name and address? I am not seeing any known issues anymore on our end. 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3iVtu1B

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person", but don't do that.

Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.

• Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter or tap the > icon to send it any of those platforms will be able to assist. :)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I'm truly sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with the Stream app on your Roku device. I wanted to check in and see if you were still experiencing the issue.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Hi, I just checked and the issue is now resolved and the Xfinity Stream is currently working on all my Roku Devices.  Thank you.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Day 3...Still not working!!!  So frustrating!

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @user_890bcd. We recently pushed through an update. Are you able to access the streaming app now? What type of device are you using to access it? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue -- San Francisco Bay Area location. Advanced support says this is a "known issue" -- gave me a ticket number and promised a text message to alert me when resolved

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, I just checked and the issue is now resolved and the Xfinity Stream is currently working on all my Roku Devices.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Still having the issue on one of our Roku boxes.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The Xfinity beta app on  My 3 Roku devices are still not working. Called them twice, did everything on my end. They said it was on their end and said they’re working on it. It’s been 3 days still nothing! Help!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Mine is working again today so far.

it’s a nice upgrade too!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Using my Roku on my Vizio TV with in connected by Wireless to my Xfinity Router when I try to use the Xfinity APP I get this message

"  This Device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in home Xfinity Wifi. Use the app on your smart phone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like "

Any ideas ? my TV is connected to my in home Xfinity Wifi,   not sure how to fix this.

Michael.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

You just have to wait. They know there is an issue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My Roku devices have been working perfectly well with Xfinity for years except for the last month.  My Roku devices do not connect to the Xfinity WiFi.  I have read that it's because Xfinity has changed their security settings.  I changed some security settings about three weeks ago to a lower level of security and the Roku devices were able to connect.  About two weeks ago they started to not be able to connect again.  If Xfinity's response is "this is not our problem" it will not be a satisfactory answer.

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

Hello, @user_abd8bc, thanks for reaching out to us regarding your connection issue with Xfinity WiFi on the Roku devices. What Roku devices are having the connectivity issue? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I had similar issues with stream not connecting with home wifi.  

I read in another post to remove the stream app and then unplog roku for at least 5 minutes.  Then plug it back, reinstall stream app, and see if it works.

I also noticed that in my case, I had two TVs with roku.  One was connecting to the home wifi and the other TV was connecting to another wifi (an extender to my home wifi).  I made sure both TVs were connecting to the home wifi. I also restarted my home wifi modem just to start fresh.  So far they connected back again.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@MGinAveMaria Thanks!  Everything has been back up and running for a couple of days now! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

You're welcome, @user_890bcd.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am in Detroit Metro Area in Michigan, and this problem started yesterday. I have rebooted everything, modem, roku, tv, etc......... Can stream Disney and other Apps on Roku, but not Xfinity Beta App. Error code: TVAPP-00116........ Please help!

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @Boeblaze. Are you noticing the same issue with the Wi-Fi error message or are you having any login issues? I ask because there's a known issue regarding Roku and our stream app, but it's based on login attempts. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Not working North of Boston today

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here