6 Messages

Wednesday, June 19th, 2024 6:43 AM

Xfinity Stream app not working on HD 8 12th generation

Was working a few days ago and then stopped. Xfinity name pops up then nothing

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 months ago

Same here. I noticed the problem for the first time on June 18th. Still won't load. I tried uninstalling and redownloading the application on the Amazon Fire HD 8. Of course, also tried restarting the device. Also tried disconnecting and reconnecting to my home wi-fi. Still the issue persists.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@ClawinAtcha​ I went so so as to reset to factory settings. Problem still there

Official Employee

• 

4.1K Messages

Hello, Newbritainbilly and everyone! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into when it comes to the Xfinity Stream app. We appreciate everything you have tried to do to resolve the issues. Can you provide more information about the issues you are seeing? Is it trying to load a channel and you're just getting 3 dots for loading? Are you getting any error messages?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for your feedback, our team can help! What device are you using, and is this issue isolated to one device, ClawinAtcha?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityMichaelC The initialization screen that says "Xfinity Stream" appears, but then disappears after a second, and then just a black screen. No loading dots, just a black screen.

@XfinityThomasA This is a Fire HD 8 Plus (12th Generation) running the latest OS which is Fire OS 8.3.2.3. This OS has been the same since May 20th. So I think the problem is the Application on this Fire OS.
The issue is isolated to this Fire HD 8 Plus device. The Xfinity Stream application on my iPhone 12 Pro works fine on the same home wi-fi network.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@ClawinAtcha Have you deleted the Xfinity Stream app and reinstalled to see if you get a different result?

1 Message

4 months ago

Same. I tried everything @ClawinAtcha and @Newbritainbilly tried. Nothing.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_t4uoux, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the Stream app, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 months ago

In https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/xfinity-stream-app-on-kindle-fire-hd-8-os-863/667715e0fda2af2c09e9b5b0?commentId=6679bb0ed8ecff174a298257 Employee @XfinityAdrienne wrote, in effect, "We're working on it".

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

2 Messages

4 months ago

I'm still having the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_audge I want to make sure your Xfinity Stream app is working for you. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

Just got an update to my Xfinity Streaming app. Working perfect now on my HD 8!!!!  Thanks for your help

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

The app is now working on my Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet as of July 8th. Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here