U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, July 10th, 2022 4:04 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App not working on devices

Xfinity Stream Beta does not work on my one-year-old smart TV, does not work on my Sony Vaio laptop, and does not work on my Motorola phone. My service Internet is fine. All the other streaming services such as YouTube, Hulu and Netflix, work just fine. 

What's the deal here? I'm paying Comcast almost $150 a month for Internet and TV service that just doesn't work. I've been trying to get this to work for 18 months. Nothing solves the problem. I guess it's tine to dump Comcast because they're obviously not that interested in providing a service that actually functions.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

2 years ago

Good evening, @user_cdcd5a, and thank you for reaching out about the Xfinity Stream App not working on your devices. This is definitely not the experience we want for any of our valued customers, particularly for such a long duration. You've come to the right place to help get to the bottom of this issue.

There are certain devices that are not supported by the Xfinity Stream App. There are also minimum system requirements on devices in order to run the app. Please review the following information and let me know if this helps:

Supported Operating Systems
To find and download the Xfinity Stream app in the Google Play Store or Amazon App stores, your device must be running Android 5.0 or later. Any smartphone, tablet or Fire TV device running Android 4 or earlier is not supported.

Supported Xfinity Stream App Versions
To access and watch all content, including content available to watch when out-of-home, Xfinity Stream app version 6.9.0 or later is required. Please visit the Google Play Store to download the latest version.

Unsupported Devices
The Xfinity Stream app cannot be installed on the following unsupported devices:

• Android TV
  • Windows tablets and phones
  • Nook devices
  • Apple Watch
  • Xi5 streaming TV Boxes for Xfinity Flex
  • Other devices not specifically mentioned

Windows PC Requirements

If you access the Xfinity Stream portal on a Windows PC, your PC must meet the following minimum requirements.

Hardware

• 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4, AMD Athlon 3400, or faster processor
  • 128 MB RAM
  • Video card with 64 MB memory

Supported Operating Systems
  • Windows 10 (Desktop mode)
  • Windows 8 (Desktop mode)
  • Windows 7

Supported Web Browsers Note: As of October 1, 2019, the Xfinity Stream portal (web) doesn't support  any version of Internet Explorer.

Browser Plug-Ins and Settings
  • JavaScript enabled
  • Cookies enabled

TV Equipment Requirements:

Samsung Smart TVs that are currently supported:

• 2022 TVs.
  • 2021 TVs.
  • 2020 TVs (no minimum software version) All QLED and UHD Models.
  • 2019 TVs (no minimum software version).
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2LAKUC 1131.9.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSUAKUC.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSNAKUC 1131.9.

LG TVs that are currently supported:

• 2021 TVs.
  • 2020 TVs, including support for models with the new software version WebOSTV 5.0.
  • 2019 TVs.
  • 2018 TVs

Amazon Fire TV Devices that are currently supported:

The Xfinity Stream Beta app is available on all Fire TV devices. Any Fire TV running Android 4 or earlier isn’t supported. Visit the Amazon App Store to download the latest version. See Watch Xfinity Stream App on Amazon Fire TV for details.

If your devices meet all system requirements and are supported devices, we can definitely help with additional troubleshooting to see what is going on with the app.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMacey

My devices meet all the system requirements.

My TV is a 2021 Samsung on which I've repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity Stream Beta app (after hard rebooting of the router and the TV.)

My Sony Vaio Laptop has a 3GHz Intel Core i7 processor with 16 GB of RAM and is running Windows 10.  I use Chrome Version 103.0.5060.66 (Official Build) (64-bit) as my browser. JavaScript and cookies are enabled.

My phone is a 2020 Motorola running Android version 11. 

Also, there was a time for a couple of months when I first got the Xfinity service (about 13 months ago) that the Xfinity Stream Beta app did work, but all it does now is buffer, freeze up, and provide error messages.

By the way, the Internet service works OK for every other purpose. Currently I'm averaging about 60 Mbps download speed.

Contributor

• 

234 Messages

@user_cdcd5a Got it, I appreciate you confirming all that information. It looks like you are having the same problem as quite a few customers at the moment, as the Xfinity Stream Beta app is experiencing some issues. There is not anything you can do on your end, and I am glad to hear your other services are working fine. Let's give it a day or two for the issue to clear. And if it doesn't, we can look into opening a ticket for the issue. When you say you are getting 60 Mbps, is that what you should be getting or less than? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

60 Mbps is less than what my plan implies that I should expect---Internet Plan: Performance Pro Internet Download Speed: 300Mbps Upload Speed: 10Mbps.

The actual download speed typically ranges from 30 to 60 Mbps.

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

@user_cdcd5a ,

When it comes to download speeds there are many factors to consider. The big question of whether you are connecting through Ethernet cable or WiFi. The different connections will have different download speeds. Modem/Router placement can play a part as well. I have an article here to review with tips. https://comca.st/3aSF6S4. I find the #10 tip really helpful. Rebooting your Modem/Router is like taking your car to the car wash, it comes out refreshed and renewed. What type connection are you seeing the 60 Mbps speed with?

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here