C

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, March 16th, 2022 5:24 AM

Closed

The new stream beta update is turrible

Why would you update the xfinity stream for tv and make us all push more buttons to navigate(see rewind function), also it crashes and is slower and i cant watch a recording that is still live,  delayed. It pauses every 3 seconds. The old update while still terrible was 10 times better than this. Please explain

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @ChiefOT. My apologies that the new update is giving you such a headache! Please try some simple troubleshooting steps and see if this fixes your issue!

• Uninstall then reinstall the Xfinity Stream App
  • Unplug your modem and plug it back in.

This will sync your devices with a fresh Wi-Fi connection and download any further updates that might be stuck! 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I did all that and now its worse. Slower and wont even load. Also, can they just fix the app. Why would they make it more steps to ff or rewind? It wasnt great before but it was certainly better. Whats next?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

I can definitely see how that would be frustrating. I think there may have been an effort to allow more control over content playback, but some platforms have been having issues like the ones you described. What kind of device are you using to run the Xfinity Stream app?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Lg tv. My other tv is a samsung and it didn’t auto update(happily). I wont update it to the new version knowing what i know about the current one. I wish they would look at these complaints and put out a new update to correct them. My LG tv auto updated to the new version basically rendering xfin stream beta useless. Obviously still in beta mode and its been an app for 3 years. How many billions of dollars does it take?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

I will definitely make sure your feedback is passed along. I know that some LG platforms require a certain firmware version on the TV itself, depending on what year your specific TV was manufactured, and some of the older software versions are no longer compatible. Do you know if the update you recently experienced was with the app itself, or was it with the LG firmware, by any chance?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I don’t Know, how would i find that out? Picture is all pixelated. I have really fast internet too, so i am thinking its the tv and new update aren’t jiving

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

With pixilation, that could also be an signal issue. We can take a deeper look into that as well. Can you send a direct message with your first and last name and service address? To send a direct message click the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity Stream Beta does not work on my one-year-old smart TV, does not work on my Sony Vaio laptop, and does not work on my Motorola phone. My service Internet is fine. All the other streaming services such as YouTube, Hulu and Netflix, work just fine. 

What's the deal here? I'm paying Comcast almost $150 a month for Internet and TV service that just doesn't work. I've been trying to get this to work for 18 months. Nothing solves the problem. I guess it's tine to dump Comcast because they're obviously not that interested in providing a service that actually functions.

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here