U

Saturday, January 20th, 2024 6:51 PM

Closed

Xfinity App stopped working on Samsung TV

I’ll add to this long list. Xfinity App stopped working on our Samsung (2022) TV on 01/17/24. Worked fine before & stopped with the error 000148 message. Did all the delete app & restart TV protocols & ended with same error message. App works fine on other TV’s & device. Resorted to Roku work around. Disappointed with xfinity considering switching streaming services. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

9 months ago

... Xfinity App stopped working on our Samsung (2022) TV ...

What version of the Stream app do you have (from settings / about)? I'm still running v2.1.1 and it works OK. I'm wondering if I missed an update and maybe should keep on missing them until they get this figured out.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

9 months ago

@user_xypcs4 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum.  We can tell you that our Engineering Team is aware of the issue with the Samsung update and its effect on our Xfinity Stream App. They are working to resolve this as quickly as we can, and we hope to have this resolved soon.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Is there an update on this?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

any updates on streaming app not working on samsung tv?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/tvapp00148/65a81e375bd1d830a3212f42
I found this option in another forum -- manually uploading the Samsung update worked for me to correct the problem

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

peachypootygirl, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Our engineering team is aware of the issue. In the meantime, here is some information that may help, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-app-faqs. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

9 months ago

any updates on streaming app not working on samsung tv?

Does https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/tvapp00148/65a81e375bd1d830a3212f42?commentId=65afc8c3ed17eb490b5776c7 help?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here