U

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024 1:28 AM

Xfinity app not working with LG tv

My xfinity app has quit working on my LG tv. The other apps are working fine. I have reloaded the app but still not working properly. Most time when an attempt to start the app it just freezes. Sometimes after waiting for minutes it will start but only one out of ten times. 
anyone else’s having this problem??

Official Employee

• 

962 Messages

5 months ago

Hey @user_uoph17, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. I haven't seen any official known issues about that. Does it do it on your other devices connected to your home internet as well?

4 Messages

This is the LG app on the TV that is not working well. On my other LG tv I use fire stick and it works very well. There is something wrong with the xfinity app for LG tv. This is a fairly new problem I have watched it get worse as time went on. Notice all other apps I use work very well. It is the LG Xfinity app that is having a hard time starting up. 

Official Employee

• 

962 Messages

Thanks for confirming for me. I'd like to take a deeper looking to it. When you get a chance can you send us a direct message?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinityNicolas​ 

I am  not sure I am replying to you correctly but the problem continues but lately it has not refused to start. It does still take between 45 and 90 seconds to reach a start up screen. Today it got all the way to the channel screen (ESPN) and I got a dialog screen that said video can not be played Try Again. In that case I shut it off and try again. I’m pretty sure it is the LG app because I use the LG apps for Amazon Prime and Peacock with no problems. These apps will work within 15 seconds. 
Somebody needs to examine the code and see why it is so slow to come up. I don’t have problems with other apps and my system is very fast so I’m pretty sure it an app problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

You are replying to us correctly. We are happy to look further into this, @user_uoph17! When you say you reloaded the app, did you uninstall and reinstall the app? Is your LG TV a 2018 or newer model?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

Yes to both questions. I have 2 LG OLED tvs and they both display the same traits. Very slow loading and many times the app fails to initiate the stream and I have to try again. 

1 Message

4 months ago

Having same issues w our lg tv oled65c.  

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We are sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with the stream app on your LG tv @user_de7ba8. May I ask if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? May I also ask if you are experiencing any error codes or messages? 

1 Message

2 months ago

Same issue as well. The app freezes constantly and crashes my entire TV. Restart and it’ll work in spurts. No issue with any other app I run on it besides this one 

3 Messages

This is the worst app.   EVERY other app (Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple, you name it) works fantastic.  They are fast to load, never crash and easy to navigate.  The xfinity app has never worked well on any device (desktop, phone, various TV models, etc).   It takes at least 45 seconds to load and now does not work at all on my new LG tv.   tried every option people have mentioned.  Now I'm going to pay for a Roku device just to see if I can get it to work via Roku.  

Official Employee

• 

862 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_azkxeq. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with that app. Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall that app on your device?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good morning, @user_jcr6mz. I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with the app not working properly with your devices. I'd be more than happy to help troubleshoot this with you. So that we don't go over something you've already done, can you please share with me what you've done to remedy this issue?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I am experiencing same issues - LG TV w X Stream - slow to load, change channels, after switching channels it displays error that it cannot load video stream (turning off/on clears issue but returns), audio loudness is poorly controlled varies each time tv ON… affects all streaming channels butmCNN is worst case

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

wallyec Thank you for those details. The Xfinity Stream app is no longer available on 2017 LG TVs. This is because these models cannot support newer web browsers, and the latest version of the Xfinity Stream app does not work as intended on outdated browsers. To continue enjoying Xfinity Stream, you can use the app on other devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or Chromecast. If you are experiencing issues with the Xfinity app on your LG TV, it is likely due to the app no longer being supported on that particular model.

1 Message

2 months ago

Same issue. I have 4 LG TVs. Xfinity stream app on all is intermittent at best. Usually gives me error code 105. It is as if it has a very. Difficult time connecting to the app. All other apps work like clockwork. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for reaching out about the Xfinity Stream app on your LG TVs, user_pfz9bi. You are at the right place for assistance. What troubleshooting steps have you tried such as uninstalling and reinstalling the app? What year(s) of LG TVs do you have?

2 Messages

2 months ago

Xfinity Stream has completely stopped working on my lg tv. I’ve uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still says I don’t have a network connection which is funny since my xfinity router says it has a strong connection to the tv. Noticed when installing the app that the code hasn’t been updated since Oct 2022. 
‘stream works on my phone and tablet but I’m not 13 years old so that isn’t a viable work around 

Official Employee

• 

862 Messages

Thank you very much for reaching out to our team here @user_leano4. Thank you for already attempting to uninstall and reinstall that app already as well. What model year is your LG TV?

2 Messages

OLED65G1PUA

webOS version 6.4.0-18

Model year 2021

Official Employee

• 

862 Messages

Thank you very much for that information @user_leano4. That model would be eligible still for that app. I can look further into any issue with that if you could send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

2 months ago

Just purchased an LG OLED tv and it’s giving us an error message saying the xfinity package isn’t available on our tv. Really disappointing

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_xs7ycc That seems to be a bit diffrent from what the others on this tread are experincing. Please feel free to make a new thread and include as many details as you can including what trobuleshooting you have done. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I am having the same error

code

TVAPP-00195

This package is not available on this device

Just changed to NOW and it won’t work.  Regular Xfinity stream worked well 3 months ago. Last time I used it

Official Employee

• 

480 Messages

Lesmoore15 Are you still having Stream iisues?

3 Messages

1 month ago

Wanted to give all my other friends out there some good news on this ridiculous issue.  I finally took the time to call Xfinity today.   From what I had read/learned I specifically told the tech rep that I needed my modem reprovisioned.   She quickly told me that my modem was disabled (strange because I still get full internet service on my phone, wifi, etc.).   Regardless, she was able to "reactivate" the modem which immediately solved the Xfinity Stream issue that everyone has reported.   Note, I had been using the xfinity stream app on a Samsung TV both through the TV's own  internet capability as well as through the Roku device I had attached to it for at least a year.   My issue started when I bought an additional new LG TV and installed the Xfinity stream app.  Surprisingly, it worked for a couple weeks and then started having the issue.  When I went upstairs and turned on my Samsung which had always worked it had the same issue so I knew it was something on Xfinity's end.   I wish everyone has as much luck as I had finding someone on the first call to get it fixed.  I'll report back if the issue starts occurring again.  Don't sell your TV or Roku device, call Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

945 Messages

user_jcr6mz Aweseome feedback! Thank you for letting everyone know the solution for your issue. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I started having the same problem with the Xfinity App on my relatively new LG OLED TV. Do you know what technician meant by "modem reprovisioning"? Can it be achieved by merely unplugging and re-plugging the modem? 

1 Message

1 month ago

LG TV updated is OS two days ago and we are disconnected from using Xfinity! All apps want us to subscribe to view. No "Set-Top Box" viewing whatsoever!

We've reset LG to original settings. That did not work. Anyone have a solution?

Official Employee

• 

329 Messages

Hello @user_04gbb5! I apologize that you are experiencing issues with the stream app. You've definitely reached the right team of experts to assist you! Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

11 days ago

I have a LG TV purchased in 2020, and all the apps work just fine... until I downloaded the Xfinity app yesterday for the first time. It will not even get to the login screen, it just stays frozen forever. The TV has all updates performed, but the Xfinity app gets to a screen where I need to select "SIGN IN" and it can't get past that screen.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here