U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, January 1st, 2022 1:44 AM

Closed

Xfinity app not on Samsung smart tv

Hi I can’t get the xfinity stream app on my new Samsung smart tv. Help?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 years ago

@user_ccec30 

Hi I can’t get the xfinity stream app on my new Samsung smart tv. Help?

See if this page is any help to you.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

no, i've done this multiple times, and the app can't be found on the tv. 

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_ccec30, I appreciate those details and hate to hear it's not working for you. Please ensure you're new tv is connected to your in home network. If you're still having issues locating the app on your new TV, I would suggest working further with Samsung to troubleshoot the issue. Once you have the app downloaded, if you're having any trouble using the app, we can definitely help you! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

thank you! they've told me i have to work with xfinity, and that they can't do anything for me. super frustrating!

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_ccec30, I'm sad to hear that they're unable to troubleshoot downloading the app to your new TV. I would be frustrated and reaching out as well. Our troubleshooting is limited as to what we can do with third party devices, and since it's not a issue with the app itself, we're limited on what we can do.

You did the right thing searching for Xfinity Stream, and I do have this link that explains the process you would use to locate the app and activate it. 

If you'd like assistance with swapping your older cable box for a newer one, we can definitely help you with that! If so,

could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I'm working on this as well and learned on other forums that not all Samsung smart TVs are able to download the app at this time and it also seems hit and miss on which ones are working with it.  I have two that can download it currently and have a new model of the 32" smart TV that won't show it for download even though I have a slightly older 32" samsung smart TV that can download the beta version.  Go figure?

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

@user_ff29b7​ Check that you have the latest firmware. If TV says up to date, check the Samsung web site. They may have a later version you can install via USB.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here