U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 28th, 2023 6:08 PM

Closed

XFinity and Direct tv joint promotion?

I called XFinity customer service to order an additional box to rent. They informed me ( in severely broken English) that I could only purchase one for $199. I told the rep that I’m not interested in a purchase. The rep suggested that I buy television streaming from Direct TV using Direct TV boxes (streaming, no satellite) for $125./month while paying $40/month to XFinity for internet only. I would save $45/month. It seemed like a great deal.  I received my 5 direct tv boxes and activated them. I was immediately charged $125 by direct debit by Direct TV. Since I had just paid my full $210 to XFinity in advance for internet, landline and streaming, I sought a credit for the streaming. The XFinity rep had never heard of a promotion with Direct TV and. Imputed my new monthly bill of $82 for internet and landline. I’m saving $3./month instead of $45. How could an XFinity rep be unaware of a promotion with Direct tv? I wonder if XFinity realizes that Direct tv may be poaching their streaming subscribers?

Official Solution

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@user_8addb4 Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. We do not do joint promotions with other companies such as DirecTV. It seems you have been involved in a scam. I would recommend reaching out to them to check the status of your new account. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

There is no joint promotion.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here