U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 24th, 2021 11:55 AM

Closed

Why is my NEW LG tv keep buffering most Xfinity HD channels?

Running the Xfinity App on new LG smart tv with all software updates over a LAN wired connection... Most HD channels keep being interrupted by buffering...

I have the exact same set up on several new Samsung TVs and Samsung TVs connected with wifi... i do not have this buffering issue with the Samsung or TCL TVS...

Any suggestions... is it possible the the App is just not comparable with new LG tvs...???

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

3 years ago

Hello user_c9951d. Thank you for creating a post on our Forum. I can assist with troubleshooting the buffering you're experiencing using our Xfinity Stream service on your smart LG TV. For starters, have you visited the settings menu of the TV's operating system and checked for a system update? In many cases old or outdated OS software can cause performance issues. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

yes... OS is updated... this is an LG issue / compatibility problem... the xfinity app runs fine on all my other samsung smart tvs... some of which are wireless...

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

You're right. Since our Xfinity Stream app runs fine for your account on your other brand TV's, it is an LG issue. Unfortunately, there's no change we can make to your account to resolve this. It may be worth communicating this issue to LG, so they can review the issue / possibly engage their video processing team. We thank you for bringing the issue to discussion here on our forum. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

511 Messages

3 years ago

Make sure you are using a CAT 5E cable at minimum.  Also, use the shortest length of cable possible. If the problem continues, then there may be an issue with the TV itself. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Click on Options in the upper right corner of the Xfinity app and make sure you select HD. Confirm the setting and the buffering should end. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

With all those TV's, possibly watching 4K, you might need faster broadband to handle all devices in your home.

Does that tv still have the problem if all other devices turned off?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here