U

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 4:59 PM

What’s going on with Xfinity app

What’s going on with the Xfinity app. Have been getting error messages and cannot load anything. This is on all of my devices. Have followed all troubleshooting stops with no luck

1 Message

3 days ago

Not working for us, either. When we try to watch a channel, it asks as to subscribe, but we’re already subscribers. 

2 Messages

Same here! It's been acting up a lot since the upgrading. Nice job Xfinity

1 Message

I have the same issue...Gloucester County, NJ

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

We appreciate you for reaching out to us @user_mmshzg! Our engineers have identified this as a known issue. Thankfully, they have also identified an account refresh signal should resolve this issue. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely send an account refresh signal. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 days ago

Same here. Chatted with customer service about 4 hours ago.  At that time they said it was being worked on and was an issue on their end.   Expected something to be back by now though.  Can’t find any status.  Seems to just be stream app but all I have now

Official Employee

• 

299 Messages

Hey @user_p7rpxi were you able to get back on to the Xfinity Stream app? A log out, then uninstall and reinstall and logging back in can help do the trick if you're still having issues.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

3 days ago

Ours stop working today on on all of our TVs. When the app tries to load gets stuck at the 3 spinning dots.

All of our TV's are Samsung.

Their website sig-in is also having problems; it took multiple attempts to get it to work.

Just was able to get stream app to work on PC, but there are hardly any Live TV stations and I cannot access My Favorites - causes an error.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_a0l1g6​ same here. I have all LG TV’s. Chicago area here.

5 Messages

@user_a0l1g6

Chat

Connecting you with a live agent Current place in line: 2452

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_deec70​ I have Samsung- the xfinity stream app is garbage on my Samsung TVs - all new... 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_a0l1g6 Hello! Please try logging out of Xfinity Stream uninstalling and reinstalling the app. You'll then need to log back in. If you're still having issues after that, please let us know.

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

user_deec70 I would recommend to uninstall/reinstall the app, and try logging back in. 

1 Message

3 days ago

Same problem. I was 1689 in live for live chat!! Crazy. 

5 Messages

@user_eurwv0​ Same thing when I tried, 1,2 something. I just cancelled the chat.

1 Message

3 days ago

Same problem here in Indiana.  Spoke with tech who just said country wide problem.  No idea when it will be fixed. Said nothing about an upgrade.  App doesn't know we have service access.

2 Messages

Thanks for the update.  Begs the question…did they lose an entire database of users?!  One would think there would be a back up database or some redundant system from which to restore users’ access.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

user_8s00qh thank you for using the Community Forums page. Is this issue still ongoing for you?

3 Messages

3 days ago

Same here. On two different Amazon Fire sticks (2 different TB's)

3 Messages

3 days ago

Same here. On two different apps (2 different Amazon Fire Sticks).

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 days ago

Same here in New Jersey called to complain 

they will give you a credit if you ask.

took Helpdesk a while to determine they have a widespread problem on their end WTF!!!

1 Message

2 days ago

Get the streaming app working.

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

user_x5e7u4 Can you provide a few details of your issue with the stream app today? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 days ago

Same issue says I have too many devices streaming - this app is garbage. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Says I am 3,500 in the chat queue... 

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

user_9d2e56 thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out. Are you still unable to access the streaming app?

1 Message

2 days ago

Same issue here. Chatted with a rep a few hours ago and was told it would be fixed within the hour - still not fixed. Guess we will be watching Netflix or Prime. Big fail for Xfinity - at least send a communication of downtime to your customers 👎

1 Message

2 days ago

Same here.   Stream is down. Rep said the outage started at 7am est.  Also promised credit if it lasts more than 4 hours - which obviously we are way past going on 13+.  

I made the comment that businesses wouldn’t trust Comcast with data center networking if they can’t keep a streaming app running - which the rep wholeheartedly agreed. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 days ago

Who can answer the question? Why is not working properly

1 Message

2 days ago

We’re having the same problem.

1 Message

2 days ago

I have the same issue...  Macon County, IL

forum icon