E

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 25th, 2021 5:01 PM

Closed

Unable to change channels on Xfinity Streaming Beta App by typing in channel number(Samsung TV)

Downloaded Xfinity Streaming Beta App on new Samsung Q60A UHD TV.  Most things work but I am unable to change TV channels by typing in a channel number on my Samsung remote control.  Also the voice function on the remote does not work(does work with all other apps).  I understand there are other ways to change channels within the beta app, but I would like to go directly from channel 802 to channel 301, without scrolling or searching for a channel name elsewhere in the app.   Is this functionality available?   If yes, will a different remote control work, eg universal remote?   Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you, will contact you for a chat.   In the meantime, the best workaround I've found is to select channels at certain increments, like 12, 50, 100, 300, 400, 800, 1000 so they show up in the Recent list.  With Samsung Remote, I get 7 of them.   The when I  need to change from channel 12 to say 810, for example, I can select 800 from the Recents, then use the miniguide and only click up 10 times to get to channel 810.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have since installed Roku and use it with the Xfinity streaming app.   The same issues exist.  It would be really helpful to use Voice control to change channels, or have a choice to type in a channel.  Thank you.

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

3 years ago

Hello! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us! I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Xfinity Streaming app, I understand it can be frustrated. I'm happy to look into this for you! Please send me a private message with your full name and full address.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity
Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I cant change channels using the remote.  When I hit guide it takes me out of Xfinity streaming and back to the Samsung free channels. I can only view on channel now. 

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Hi there! @user_5f6d6e Have you tried any of the accepted solutions above?

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

What accepted solutions?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Listed above in this same thread there are 2 accepted solutions, @user_04d039. They are toward the top of the thread and have a green bar at the top of each message showing the accepted solution. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

That's a joke. One is a very crude and barely functional workaround, the other is simply a complaint that no acceptable solution exists.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for checking. Does doing the following steps work for searching or is the app still closing out to the Samsung page? Press OK on the Options button on the Live TV menu to load More Options over the Live TV guide. Use the Find Channels option to search for the specific networks or channels (including channel numbers) you want, and you can either jump down the All Channels guide to that channel or start watching it right away.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here