U

Sunday, December 10th, 2023 10:48 PM

Closed

Trying to Stream Live TV Get this error message

Something went wrong.

Your guide isn't loading right now. Please wait a few moments, then try again.

(Error TVAPP-00502)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

10 months ago

Hello there @user_703w43 thanks for contacting our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. We are sorry to hear about the issues you ran into and we are here to help if you are still having issues. Are you still getting the same error?

1 Message

8 months ago

I have been getting this error for TWO WEEKS NOW, both on my mobile device and in the web browser on my laptop. I am accustomed to using the Live TV feature, almost daily, for years. And now, for the past 2 weeks, I get this absurd Error TVAPP-00502 prompt each time I seek to access Live TV.

Every single chat support agent has been absolutely clueless, and hardly even pays attentions to the answers I give them.

- They ask me to check my modem, after I make it clear the issue is happening regardless of location.

- They've had me reinstall the app no less than 20 times

- They tell me we need to schedule a technician, after I've made it clear repeatedly that the issue is not a physical onsite issue... because they'd ignored me saying the cable box/TV works fine.

I am at my wit's end, and will seek to cancel Xfinity all together if this isn't resolved soon. I am paying $200+ a month for 3 premium channels, and now I'm not even getting the full compliment of my features/access, yet still being billed in full.

It's crunch time. I know I'm only 1 customer, but I've been with you since 1989. I will gladly walk out the door & sign up for Youtube TV, Direct Stream, or Sling for half the cost. I've had it. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_0mkyjq. If you are still having issues with that service I would be happy to look further into that for you. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@user_0mkyjq​ isn't it sad how bad customer service is. The agents are clueless uneducated don't know their own products and don't know how to work with a human being. And I went through school and I worked we did things right and we got them right the first time. I'm so disappointed in what I'm seeing in the workforce now. I'm retired 40 years in the IT industry and it's sad to see where it's at now and how poor and bad the quality of service is..

Ron the Don

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here