U

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024 10:35 PM

Closed

Streaming screen sizes

Non HD channels have black areas on sides and top/bottom. Some larger than others. This does not happen thru cable box.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

7 months ago

Hi there, @user_7mgy20 I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Aspect Ratio on your TV. Since it's been a few days since you posted this, are you still having the same issue. If you are please reach back out so we can assist you further.-Richard

13 Messages

Yes, still same issue.  Also, cannot adjust ratio because TV picture size setting becomes disabled.

13 Messages

How do I post publicly?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_7mgy20,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding the Xfinity Stream picture quality. From the description you left us, it does seem like things are working as intended. 

When viewing Standard Definition (SD) content on a set-top box or stream app, you will get either Pillars, Letterbox, or Poststamp video quality images. This will vary with each channel depending on the aspect ratio they are displaying the content. 

You may not notice with a cable set-top box as our do find the best channel available and will seamlessly switch to the HD channel. I highly recommend viewing our "What's TV aspect ratio?" support page that can provide you with more information. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here