OldeFatGuy's profile

Contributor

• 

115 Messages

Friday, September 27th, 2024 11:33 PM

Streaming Live TV Being Interupted with Commercials

Lately I'll be watching live TV, like say a news channel or maybe a sports channel, and it pauses, the little icon in the middle with the dots showing up (like when it temporarily loses a connection) to reconnect, and it reconnects to a commercial with a message underneath saying something about your video will continue in a moment while underneath a slider bar counts down the seconds.  Sort of like if you watch something on Peacock and you must watch an ad first.  But this is live TV, and it's happening in the middle of something, like just now on MLB Network (channel 858 IIRC) a game was on, the batter hit the ball in the air, and just as the ball was travelling out to the outfield the screen does that thing, and a commercial comes up with that message your video will continue soon or whatever it says (I can't recall the exact wording right now).  The commercial finishes, goes back to the game, just in time for the third out to be made (which I missed) and the regular programming moves to a commercial.

It's similar to if I watch something On Demand on say MGM+, and you start it, the screen changes to a commercial (for MGM+ upcoming shows) which when finished returns to the On Demand movie.  This should not happen at all on Live TV (there are already commercials on Live TV, is Comcast trying to force feed extra commercials on us??????).  What the heck is going on?  Is this really Comcasts new money grab?   Insert 30 seconds of commercials into a Live TV feed that, by the way, WE'RE ALREADY PAYING FOR?)  Jeebus sometimes I think you people are actually TRYING to turn customers away.  I swear it does.  I wanna like it here at Comcast, but man you make it challenging.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here