OldeFatGuy's profile

Contributor

• 

115 Messages

Wednesday, September 25th, 2024 1:18 AM

Can We Tweak What Shows Up Under "Live TV"

When streaming I often like to look under the various subsections, like "Sports on Now" and "Live TV" to see if there is something on at the moment that I want to watch.  I've been using this for years, and in all of those years I had never bothered going to any of the Music Choice channels and then one a day a couple of months ago I just went in and checked out several channels (usually I listen to music at Youtube Music" but I just dipped my toe in to see what it was like.  Not really my thing because I like to choose the songs I want to listen to so I never returned.

However, since that day now half of what shows up under "Live TV" are all the various music channels.  Is there any way to "tell it" that I'm not interested in those and so instead show me more of the regular TV programming channels?  I couldn't find any way to do it, and I know it's certainly not a huge deal, but it would be nice if I could "clean up" what shows up under "Live TV" just because one day I happened to give those channels a look. 

Thanks for any info.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 days ago

Good evening @OldeFatGuy, and thank you for taking the time to reach out on our Community Forums, we appreciate it and hope you are having a wonderful week so far! 😀 I see that you reached out because ever since trying out the Music Choice Channels, you have been seeing various music channels under "Live TV" instead of your more regular TV programming. We appreciate your feedback and assure our team is here to help try to provide some workarounds! The Xfinity X1 guide fortunately does allow you to filter your guide view to display only the types of channels you would like to see. You can select your guide view by following the instructions on our website here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-guide-filter-your-guide. Have you tried filtering your guide yet? 

Contributor

• 

115 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ It appears that guide is for use with Xfinity TV.  Did I miss something?  I'm talking about streaming on a computer (this forum is the streaming forum isn't it?) on the Xfinity Stream website.  I have a screenshot, but don't know if I can attach, I'll try though.  I have no remote, I use a mouse.  The Live TV and Sports on Now are rows on the website that you can scroll across, but the ones under Live TV has now been half filled with Music Channels much of the time.  So is there a way to do it there?  If not, as stated above, it's not a huge deal at all.  Just if there's something that can be done, I'd like to do it.  If not, then okay, I can live with it.  I won't go to the music channels anymore and maybe it will eventually filter out of what's shown under Live TV.  Not near as big an issue as the one I just now posted about regarding extra commercials while watching live TV.  That ones complete [Edited: Language].  I'll keep messing with it but the link you provided is about Xfinity TV and a remote, not Xfinity Stream on a computer.

EDIT:  No I can't see how to add an image.  I keep getting a message that says "Failed to upload image" yet I just tested on another website and the image uploaded just fine.  Don't know what's up here.  I've gotten it to work before but I have had trouble before too.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

749 Messages

OldeFatGuy Thank you very much for providing such detailed examples. I like baseball too, so I could actually see that in my head as the ball traveled in the air ⚾. It seems like there is a lag between the live footage and what is actually streaming. Are you using a box, Firestick, or Mobile device to stream?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

115 Messages

@XfinityVictor​ What?  It appears you're replying to my other thread I guess???  Okay, well in that case, I'm not talking about a lag.  I'm talking about the live feed switches from the live feed to a 30 second commercial feed, where the message appears "Your video will resume shortly" as the counter counts down 30 seconds.  This should appear nowhere on live tv.  For example, when a commercial comes on during live feed itself (the game itself), it's just part of the program... nothing underneath changes.  It would be nice if I could post images so I could show you but we're talking apples and oranges here.  Or apples and gorillas.  Or something.  Normally when you watch a Live TV event, let's say "Deadline White House" on MSNBC at 4:00 PM.  When that show comes on, the white bar or line underneath just shows the beginning time and ending time, in this case the left of the white line would be 4:00 PM and the end on the right would be 6:00 PM because the show runs from 4 to 6.  And from 4 to 6, that white bar will slowly fill in as the minutes pass.  And when a commercial comes on that's on MSNBC, the screen remains the same and that line underneath remains.  I'm still connected to MSNBC.  What I'm talking about is, sometimes, during "Deadline White House" the screen will change, right in the middle of the program to a new screen with a commercial and a new screen with the line underneath showing 30 on the left and 0 on the right as it counts down 30 seconds of commercial.  This is NOT part of the MSNBC feed and should NOT happen during live TV.  This is the kind of thing, again, that happens when you're watching a movie On Demand.  You double click the movie, the screen comes up, and the opening avatar of the movie starts, but then is interrupted and a new screen appears with 30 or 60 seconds of commercials that you must watch before you watch the movie.  Then when the commercial ends, the movies screen returns right where it left off, at the starting avatar and you missed nothing.  However, what happens when this commercial screen interrupts a Live TV feed, when it's done, because it's live TV, it returns to wherever the program is at moment and you missed whatever happened during that time.  This. Should. Never. Happen.  And if that's still unclear then I don't know how to further clarify without a screenshot, and your GD website won't let me post images.  JHC it's like you guys are playing some sort of game to see just how frustrated you make your customers.  You guys sitting around drinking cold ones laughing and partying as you see the rage meters increase??? I swear it really does seem that way sometimes.

Official Employee

• 

749 Messages

OldeFatGuy  We are here trying to assist you and resolve your issue. What device are you using to stream?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

115 Messages

1 day ago

I'll try here without it being a reply and see if that matters.  Nope.  I tried all of my saved screenshots and get the same failed message again.  Went to another website and tried uploading them all and they all worked just fine.  An Xfinity exclusive I guess.  It sure is easy to get frustrated here.  No message as to why (some websites limit the size of uploads for example) so I have no idea where to start to try to find out why it wouldn't upload.  Just the same message: "Failed to Upload. Please try again."  LOL, is that the secret, just keep trying and it will eventually post?  LOL, playing the "Let's see if we can post an image lottery?" 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

749 Messages

OldeFatGuy Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here