U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, May 12th, 2023 5:06 PM

Closed

Streaming doesn't play content in Win10/Chrome following the latest Chrome update

After applying the most recent Chrome update (Version 113.0.5672.93 (Official Build) (32-bit)) on my Windows 10 laptop, streaming via https://www.xfinity.com/stream has stopped playing content, whether live programs or recorded programs. The channel listing and recorded show inventory are presented correctly, but selecting "watch" in either case results in a blank screen with the three cycling dots; no content is ever shown. Streaming worked fine in Chrome prior to this update.

Streaming does still work correctly in Microsoft Edge. Haven't yet tried Chrome or Safari on my MacBook.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

1 year ago

@user_57e60d Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I can understand the frustration this has caused. When trying to stream does it ever bring up an error message? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityTimothyA​ No, it doesn't throw any errors at all. It just shows the three cycling dots, continuously, with no indication that anything is wrong.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for letting us know, @user_57e60d! This is definitely not the experience we like to hear about. Have you tried Chrome or Safari on a mobile device or on your MacBook to see if you experience the same issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

Have you checked with Chrome since it was their update?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@MNtundraRET​ No, I haven't. Not sure why you'd think that would be appropriate or productive. It's not Google's job to make sure every website (including Xfinity) works properly with their browser. It is Xfinity's job to figure out how to make their application work with mainstream browsers, and I'd include Chrome on that list along with MS Edge, Firefox, and Safari. So in my mind, this is Comcast/Xfinity's problem to address.

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

We want to isolate the issue and find out if the problem is with our site working with Chrome. Please try other web browsers and devices at your earliest convenience and let us know if the same issue occurs. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I updated Chrome to Version 113.0.5672.127 (Official Build) (32-bit) this morning. Xfinity appears to be working as expected now. Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

It's nice to see Chrome's latest update is working for you after I suggested you check with them. 

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I'm having the same issue. Xfinity is not working with the new Chrome update. Please help.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

1 year ago

My xfinity stream app doesn’t work either. Stopped working yesterday. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

All - I updated Chrome to Version 113.0.5672.127 (Official Build) (32-bit) this morning. Xfinity appears to be working as expected now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here