U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 6th, 2022 12:54 PM

Closed

Streaming away from home

I just chatted with xfinity and was told xfinity no longer allows streaming away from home wifi on all the channels I watch.  We pay HUNDREDS of dollars a month. My husband already wants to get rid of xfinity. If I can’t stream away from home, I don’t need it either. Is there any way to stream CNN, MSNBC and HGTV away from home??

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

This issue started 2 days ago and there are several threads on the forum addressing it. I was told by a tech person that they were aware of “a problem with the app”, and that they were “working on correcting it”. Since then though, several have commented that they also spoken with xfinity reps who have provided answers from what is tv to go, to yes we are fixing it, to the answer you received, that it’s over. A new app was reportedly released yesterday and it didn’t correct the issue. I am very frustrated as no one really knows what’s going on. I do agree however that if streaming the same channels will not be available, I’m gone from Xfinity as many others will be too! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@customer_xyz​ this is a joke.  i was trying to stream Fox wedensday to watch the World Cup semi final and got errors for Fox and Telemundo.  what's the point of offering streaming if it doesn't work away from home.  who wants to stream at home? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I’m really angry about this because I use the app all the time to watch live programs when I’m away from home. Just like you, I pay hundreds of dollars each month to Comcast. Why have they done this? Are they being greedy and want us to pay more for this service? They’re going to lose customers over this!

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@user_57165e​ I just wish we could get a straight answer from someone. The number of threads on this forum about this issue is growing, leaving us guessing as to what’s going on because we are all being told something different. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Well, there you have it. Xfinity no longer allows live remote streaming of the majority of their stations. I can’t imagine they understand the impact of their decision. Too bad. We all have to move on. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

2 years ago

Hello. Thank you for bringing this to our attention @user_828b88 . Over 250+ channels can be live-streamed when you’re not home using the Xfinity Stream app and portal. You can also watch on the Xfinity Stream Beta app for Amazon Fire TV devices, as well as cast it to supported Chromecast devices. This link will give you a list of available out of home streaming content. Are you still having issues when away from home watching those channels? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityBrandon​ what are the 250 channels 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_888fe8, the link that Brandon sent has the full list in it. You can also view it by click here.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This is unfortunate, as it would be easy enough for Comcast to allow us to stream all of our favorites channels from anywhere, simply by enforcing that we are only logged into one device at a time.  :( 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

[Edited: "Language"]!  Ave you tried to access those 250 channels?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I just got off the phone with Xfinity and was told that this problem occurred with the latest Apple update. It’s not an Apple issue, it’s Comcast’s problem and not affecting Android devices. They don’t know how long it will take to fix, but it’s already been 4 days, so I asked for a credit to my account for my inconvenience. They gave me $20 instant credit. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_57165e​ The lack of an informed response from support has been the most frustrating part of this. Their canned responses are literally driving customers to make decisions to leave xfinity believing channels available were removed. Something like 'We are aware of a problem for at least Apple users and investigating it. Your available channels were not deliberately changed.' would be a better response.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The streaming app is nearly useless.  I just switched to Xfinity three days ago after 22 years with DirecTV.  I can't watch almost anything that I've recorded to my cloud DVR when I'm away from home.  It just doesn't even show up.  When I'm on my home X1 box only, the recordings are there.  Even worse, when I try to watch on TVs within my home that are on the same home network, it thinks I am out of the home and only shows a few networks.  This is ridiculous.  Only 72 hours in and I am already regretting switching to Xfinity.  Oh, and I've had FIVE calls/chats with support who say they will need an hour to reset my network and they will get back with me -- not a single text or call back.  Wow.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here