U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, July 25th, 2022 8:11 PM

Closed

Stream Recordings not showing all Recorded Shows from X1 DVR (Want to move shows from X1 DVR to Stream)

I chatted and spoke to Xfinity support and could not get an answer to this problem, so I am posting here.  I have shows that are on my X1 DVR box that are not in my Xfinity Stream Recordings.  Many of my shows are showing on both my X1 DVR and Xfinity Stream, but it seems the older recorded shows on my X1 DVR are not available on the Xfinity Stream.  I want to move the shows that only reside on my X1 DVR to the Stream Recordings so I can access them from anywhere.  

I have read all of the existing posts out there wanting to do this and I have yet to come across a way to do this.  Please help.
Thanks!

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

2 years ago

Hi! The first step in solving this is determing your equipment. Do you have an X1 Cloud DVR? Or just the X1 DVR? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityKyla​ 

My box is an XG1v4-A.  We can record to the cloud from it.  In fact, we had to upgrade to that box a few year back.  At that time we lost everything on our old DVR, but the Comcast store assured us that would not happen again, as everything new would record to the cloud.  However, now that I am using Stream I am noticing the shows that are not Recorded to the Stream service that do exist on my XG1v4-A DVR box.  Because of this I would like to move those shows from the XG1v4-A DVR box to the cloud (Stream) so I can play them from everywhere I use Xfinity Stream.

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

Can you try to follow these steps and let me know if anything changes? https://comca.st/3bbYRUI

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have noticed the same, that not all of my recordings are showed from the Roku devices but I can see them on the Xfinity cable box.  In addition, the Xfinity beta app on the Roku device crashes whenever I go to saved and Scheduled so I cannot see what is scheduled to record.  This problem began about a week ago and is quite disappointing.  I should be able to see what is scheduled to record.  These are the kind of issues that are pushing me towards finding another service provider once my current contract with Xfinity ends.

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

2 years ago

Gotcha. Are you using the Stream app on a computer or a mobile device? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityKyla​ i have tried using Stream from my ipad as well as from my computer... same issue

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

This is not solved... please do not close this issue

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

We certainly have not closed this. Are there particular shows that are affected in the Stream app? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Yes, it seems that the older shows only exist on the X1 DVR Box and not on the Stream app.  By older shows I mean things that have been on the X1 DVR Box more than ~18 months.  This includes older shows from comedy central and pbs (but not newer ones)  

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

Got it. Are those older shows recordings or just ones that are watched via regular On Demand? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

The older shows are recordings

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

On your dvr box have you went to those recordings and selected those recordings to download to the cloud yet?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here