N

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 5th, 2022 2:27 PM

Closed

stream on Roku TV while away from home

I installed the Xfinity App on my RV's Roku TV.  The Xfinity app works perfectly as long as I am connected to my home wifi.  When we travel and connect to either my phone's hot spot or campground's wifi I am unable to use the Xfinity app.  I receive an error message stating that I am not on my home network.

I thought my service allowed me to stream Xfinity anywhere.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

... I receive an error message stating that I am not on my home network. ...

There are two versions of the app. The "Xfinity Stream App" is for use with IOS and Android mobile devices and can be used anywhere (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-started-xfinity-tv-mobile-app). The "Xfinity Stream App for Partner Devices" ("Stream Beta App") can only be used with your home Internet service (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs). I don't believe Comcast has ever explained why the Beta App is restricted this way.

The regular "Stream App" cannot be loaded on Roku devices, only the "Stream Beta App" can.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Bruce - thank you for your input on my problem.  I am hoping someone will get back to me with a solution for the glitch with the Beta App.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us! @BruceW did a great job answering your question. Sadly, you cannot use the Stream app for partner devices at this time. It is not a glitch, it's simply not an available feature. There is no notice of this being available, but feel free to check back in the future! Thank you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

As a long-time customer, I should be able to stream Xfinity on a non-Xfinity network in the To Go function available on my tablet. Other cable services like Spectrum provide this function. 

Where can we request that feature is added? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

One of the main reasons I want to use it is in order to use a Roku stick while travelling. I don't understand why, after all the money I have paid Comcast over the years, I would not be able to sit in a hotel room and watch a show that I have recorded while travelling.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yes, I was told that I would be able to stream anywhere as well, not true though from my experience

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I cannot even stream at the house since I have my own cable modem and router. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I cannot even stream at the house since I have my own cable modem and router. It is on my in-home network. Just not their equipment, even using my Xfinity internet. Makes no sense. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here